US balks at Mideast monitors
- Mideast: Time for the US to step aside? Cobban, Helena // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 225, p11
Argues that the international community, led by United Nations (UN) Secretary General Kofi Annan, should assume a larger role in the Middle East peace process. Violence between Israeli troops and Palestinians; Inability of the United States to broker a lasting peace agreement.
- Palestinians, allies, plead for UN force. Barr, Cameron W.; Gaouette, Nicole // Christian Science Monitor;11/22/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 254, p1
Reports on the demand of Palestinians for international protection from the United Nations, in light of violence between Palestinians and Israelis.
- Border village drawn unwillingly into Mideast conflict. Blanford, Nicholas // Christian Science Monitor;8/20/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 186, p7
Discusses the effects of violence in the Middle East between Palestinians and Israelis on the village of Ghajar.
- Zionism Today. Gordis, Daniel // Judaism;Spring2002, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p131
Presents an article on violence in Palestine due to Zionism. Description of a travel in the Modi'in road, a road in which many Israelis have been shot and killed by Palestinian gunmen; Proliferation of constant barrage at the Jaffa Street; Impact of the violence on children.
- In Mideast war scenarios, both roads lead to Iraq. Cooley, John K. // Christian Science Monitor;8/22/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 188, p9
Discusses violence in the Middle East and chances for a wider Arab-Israeli war, and view that a small war danger is growing day by day.
- Tensions escalate between Israel and Palestinians and spark fears of another Intifada. // Political Intelligence Briefing;10/13/2015, p12
The article offers information regarding the concern on expected Palestinian Intifada in Israel due to the growing tension between the two countries in terms of violent incidences.
- Israel's Gaza Raid Helps Iran and Ensnares Obama: Le Figaro, France. Kern, William // Moderate Voice;6/1/2010, p6
The article reports on the impact of Israel's raid on a humanitarian flotilla off of Gaza to the plans of President Barack Obama in the U.S. It states that the event has undermined the plans of launching indirect talks between Israelis and Palestinians and has complicated the United Nation (UN)...
- A struggle against high passions. Barr, Cameron W.; Gaouette, Nicole // Christian Science Monitor;11/3/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 241, p1
Reports on developments in the relations between Palestinian Arabs and Israeli Jews as of November 3, 2000. Results of a meeting between Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat and former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres; Explosion of a car bomb in Jerusalem; Gunfire between Israeli soldiers and...
- MIDDLE EAST. // UN Chronicle;2000, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p60
Reports on United Nations (UN) Secretary General Kofi Annan's June 2000 visit to the the Middle East. Israel's withdrawl from Lebanon; UN troops being sent to the region to help maintain peace.