- Mass. lawyer crusades against the billable hour. Lenchyshyn, Ken // Buffalo Law Journal;11/19/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 93, p1
The article reports on the opposition of attorney Jay Shepherd, owner of Shepherd Law Group, to billable-hour method in the U.S. Shepherd has adopted fixed fees after realizing that the company can do litigation on a fixed-fee basis. Moreover, Christopher Mirabile, an angel investor and former...
- TIME TO TAKE A FRESH LOOK AT BILLING. Tydd, Judith // BRW;11/4/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p47
The article offers tips to Australian lawyers from Jay Shepherd, principal at Shepherd Law Group, given at the Australian Legal Practice Management Association summit in Sydney, New South Wales. He warned lawyers of the ineffectiveness of hourly billing and pointed out the need for the legal...
- THE SKINNY ON FLAT FEES. Gialanella, David // ABA Journal;Jul2008, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p26
The article discusses the factors for law firms to consider when moving from billable-hour standard to flat fees. Chief executive officer Jay Shepherd of Shepherd Law Group in Boston, Massachusetts says that the secret in making more money while charging less lies in vastly improved work...
- Some on Right Think Nicaragua's Incursions Into Costa Rica Call for U.S. Attack. Busch, Michael // Foreign Policy in Focus;11/20/2010, p1
A blog about the possible military action against Nicaragua is presented.
- Design Dish. // Atlanta;Dec2008 Home Supplement, p14
A blog titled "Peak of Chic," from Atlanta, Georgia-based blogger Jennifer Boles Dwyer on the set designs of various motion pictures is discussed.
- Readers respond. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p17
The article presents a blog entitled "Fight to seize Illinois House from Madigan turns personal."
- Today On WWD.COM. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/29/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 133, p2
A blog about the capacity of Las Vegas, Nevada to elaborate its own city center according to its hype is presented.
- on the web. // Saint Charles Avenue;Oct2009, p8
The article announces two new blogs, Joie d'Eve and New to New Orleans, and a newsletter by the MyNewOrleans.com. featuring topics related to the city in Louisiana.
- on the web. // Saint Charles Avenue;Mar2011, p7
The article offers information on the daily blogs related to New Orleans, Louisiana which are featured on the journal's web site including one by Ian McNulty on the city's nightlife, one by Robert Peyton on the fine dining scene, and one by Eve Kidd Crawford on life in the new New Orleans.