Health services in higher education
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU): Minneapolis Community & Technical College: NOTICE OF INTENT to Request Proposals for Providing Certain Health Care Services to Students. // Minnesota State Register;5/21/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p1443
The article presents a notice from Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU), Minneapolis Community & Technical College, soliciting proposals for offering on-campus health care services to college students.
- University of Iowa's Private Investment Under Scrutiny. Rubenstein, Bruce // Corporate Legal Times;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 130, p56
Focuses on the controversy on the private investment of the University of Iowa. Management of the health care services of the institution; Finance for the private healthcare business for poor patients; Subsidiaries of the university's Community Medical Services Inc.
- CU with a twist: Health Care University. // Corporate University Review;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p10
Discusses the importance of health care programs. Health Care University (HCU) curriculum; Services offered by on-site health clinics; Goal of the program; Percentage of participation.
- Blues offer grant to study nurse shortage. McClure, Ian // Crain's Detroit Business;4/14/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p14
The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation in Detroit is tackling the nursing shortage with grant opportunities for new programs and research.The foundation is making available $500,000 for two years to nonprofits, health care organizations and researchers to study the shortage and...
- Uncertainties for deans and students. // British Medical Journal;10/11/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6246, p993
Discusses the uncertainties of success in both deans and students of medical schools in Great Britain. Consideration of calibre students by schools; Issues on the subjects offered; Effects of organizational changes to the Health Service.
- COLLEGE NEWS. // ACA News (American Chiropractic Association);Sep2009, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p30
The article offers news briefs related to universities and colleges in the U.S. The Southern California University of Health Sciences' (SCUHS) Health Center announces that start of its Ayurvedic medicine services. Cleveland College of Chiropractic-Kansas City students joins a letter-writing...
- Connors State College Announces Largest Scholarship Program in School History. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article discusses the partnership between the Connors State College and Muskogee Foundation to develop a scholarship program for students of healthcare in Muskogee, Oklahoma. It informs that the scholarship program of 300,000 dollars is the largest in Connors State history. It reports that...
- Physicians' Computer Use Speeds Patient Care. // USA Today Magazine;Feb2004, Vol. 132 Issue 2705, p13
Focuses on the effect of computer use on the quality of patient care service provided by hospitals in the U.S., based on a study by Ohio State University. Benefits of using computers; Details on the reduction in the turnaround time of hospitals; Method of the study in collecting data.
- Yale And Howard Universities Join Forces To Eliminate Health Disparities. // Internet Journal of Advanced Nursing Practice;2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p54
Reports that New Haven, Connecticut-based Yale University and Washington D.C.-based Howard University have joined forces to eliminate health disparities. Overview of the Yale Howard Scholars Program beginning in the Summer of 2000; Objectives of the program.