- Plans pinpoint sites for 10 nuclear stations. // Professional Engineering;11/18/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p7
A map of England is presented with information on sites where nuclear power stations can be built. INSET: WHERE THEY WILL GO.
- Nuclear power plants in North America. // Power;Nov2008, Vol. 152 Issue 11, p38
The article presents a map of North America with information on its several nuclear power plants.
- INDUSTRY TRENDS. // Power;Nov2010, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p34
A map of the U.S. is presented with information on nuclear power plants.
- Nukes in My Backyard? // Mother Jones;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p13
A map of the U.S. is presented demonstrating the locations of nuclear power plants, nuclear weapons, and nuclear weapons plants and laboratories, as well as the routes used to transport nuclear weapons and components.
- Initial Review. // Nuclear Plant Journal;May/Jun2013, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the International Peer Review of Japan's Mid- and Long-Term Roadmap carried out by an International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) expert team. Issues related to the plan of Japan to implement the decommissioning of Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s (TEPCO) Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear...
- Digital Mapping System for Fuel Assemblies. McGrath, Michael // Power Engineering;Jan2011, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p16
The article describes a digital mapping system developed by Exelon Nuclear and Newton Labs to measure fuel assembly gaps to within 0.04 inches. It notes that the system, which involves a camera attached to a pole, was implemented during the outage at Exelon's Byron Nuclear Station. It cites the...
- Assessment for water quality by artificial neural network in Daya Bay, South China Sea. Wu, Mei-Lin; Wang, You-Shao; Gu, Ji-Dong // Ecotoxicology;Oct2015, Vol. 24 Issue 7/8, p1632
In this study, artificial neural network such as a self-organizing map (SOM) was used to assess for the effects caused by climate change and human activities on the water quality in Daya Bay, South China Sea. SOM has identified the anthropogenic effects and seasonal characters of water quality....
- US scores consistent marks on aggregate performance. // Power;May/Jun97, Vol. 141 Issue 3, p10
Reports on findings indicating the consistent performance of US nuclear power plants. Statistics released by the World Association Nuclear Operators; Parameters measured; Areas of greatest improvement; Contact information.
- Building public trust, part 27. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Sep/Oct1995, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p8
Reports on Britain's Atomic Energy Authority incident reports on the explosion of Scotland's Dounreay nuclear plant in 1977.