SHAKEN BY THE BAILOUT
- Tanzania's finance minister died in hospital in South Africa after a long illness. // African Business News;1/21/2014, p21
The article reports that the finance minister of Tanzania has died in a hospital in South Africa after a long illness.
- Minister will preserve revenue base. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p35
Reports on the announcement made by Irish Finance Minister at a Leinster Society of Chartered Accountants' lunch in October 2002 that he will look into the preservation of the current revenue base.
- RISK SUMMARY: GUATEMALA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p3
This section offers news briefs related to the country risk assessment for Guatemala, as of August 2010, including the challenges being faced by finance minister Edgar Balsells, the country's weak remittance status, and the extensive corruption in its public institutions.
- Belka Resigns, Kolodko Steps In. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p4
Reports the effects of the resignation of finance minister Marek Belka and the replacement by Grzegorz Kolodko on budget deficits in Poland. Increase of budget spending; Revision of the monetary and fiscal policies; Devaluation of the currency.
- Kiss and make-up. Ankomah, Baffour // African Business;Dec97, Issue 227, p38
Profiles Liberia's finance minister, Elie S. Saleeby. Advantage of having a work experience at the World Bank; Optimism about the country's economy; Confidence at the reconciliation policy implemented by President Charles Taylor.
- Manju Ganeriwala Tapped to Become Virginia Treasurer. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/10/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33020, p4
The article announces that Manju Ganeriwala has been appointed as deputy finance secretary in Virginia.
- Lï¿½szlï¿½ 'No plan B' Fincziczki, B�la; Jelinek, G�bor // Budapest Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p12
Presents an interview with Csaba Lï¿½szlo, candidate for finance minister of the opposition Hungarian Socialist Party. Involvement in reforming the central budget and state administration; Work experiences with financial institutions; Plans concerning the Hungarian Development Bank Rt.
- CLAIMING THE SPOILS OF WAR. Giarraputo, Joseph // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p4
Reports on Bulgaria Finance minister Milen Veltchev's visit to the U.S. Military bases; Odious debt arguments.
- Over-Optimistic On Taxes. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Feb2010, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p4
The article offers information on Finance Minister Tendai Biti's budget presentation to parliament in Zimbabwe.