Caution urged with carbon neutral claims
- High performance. // Utility Week;7/15/2011, p5
The article announces that an Emissions Performance Standard (EPS) will be applied to all fossil fuel generators starting 2014.
- Tests show forklift fuel systems meet 2007 EPA standards. // LP/Gas;Sep2004, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the initial test results of propane fuel control systems which showed that they meet the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's standards for steady-state and transient operating conditions. Volume of hydrocarbon and nitrogen oxides produced by the fuel systems; Fuel quality issues.
- Cummins to demo 2010 emissions reduction. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p24
Reports on the plan of Cummins Engine to demonstrate an emissions control system meeting the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 2010 on-highway standard in 2006. Equipment that will be used in the demonstration; Objective of the emissions control project.
- What Was the Auto Industry Thinking? Lazarus, Richard // Environmental Forum;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p14
The author focuses on Green Mountain Chrysler Plymouth Dodge Jeep v. Crombie in Vermont, a legal case in which the motor vehicle industry disputes the authority of the state to regulate motor vehicle greenhouse gas emissions. The author discusses the state of California, which can obtain a...
- CURBING EMISSIONS. // Current Events;2/9/2009, Vol. 108 Issue 16, p2
The article reports on U.S. President Barack Obama's call to control automobile emissions in the country. He ordered the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on January 26, 2009 to review whether states can set their own auto emission standards. He also called for automakers to implement...
- Environmental Technology Licensing Under Emission-Equivalent Environmental Taxes and Standards. Ming-Chung Chang; Jin-Li Hu // Open Environmental Sciences;2013, Vol. 7, p14
We use a two-stage game with an outsider patentee and n homogeneous firms to study the effects of environmental taxes and standards under an equivalent emission on environmental technology licensing behavior. Counter to the intuition, a stricter environmental policy hinders technology licensing...
- Green Planning. Crowley, Michael // American School & University;Oct2009, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p36
The article focuses on the steps taken by colleges and universities to develop sustainability programs to tackle climate change in the U.S. It is stated that the sustainability teams consists of faculty and students who help in the sustainability assessment and planning of the institute. The...
- Carbon goal cut advised. // Planning (14672073);3/27/2009, Issue 1811, p5
The article reports on the warning of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to the government of England that it would face major challenge in meeting zero carbon control by 2016. RICS urged the government to focus on 70 percent carbon emission reduction instead of the zero carbon...
- SUSTAINABLE LINKS FOR THE ENTIRE SUPPLY CHAIN. Gourlay, Peter R. // Manufacturing Today;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that several leading multinationals of the world announced their plan to form the Supply Chain Leadership Coalition to promote better environmental standards among their supply chain. The participating companies are Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Tesco, Nestle, Imperial Tobacco...