Stem Cells: Basic Concepts and Wound Care Research
- Foot pain? Try magnets. // Natural Health;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p25
Reveals findings that magnet therapy can provide relief from many kinds of foot pain, particularly that which arises from complications of diabetes. Shapes, sizes and availability of therapeutic magnets.
- ASPECTE MODERNE ALE ÃŽNGRIJIRII PICIORULUI DIABETIC. Stoia, D.; Kiss, L. // Acta Medica Transilvanica;dec2011, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p148
The treatment of the diabetic foot requires a multidisciplinary approach by the specialists, for the clasification and the management of the lesions. Efficient care of diabetic foot wound assumes elaborating a therapeutic program adapted to local human and material resources. The screening and...
- CLINICAL ABSTRACTS: chronic disease. // Modern Medicine;Jul99, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p25
Presents several abstracts of chronic disease-related articles published in 1999 issue of different medical journals. `Burden of Migraine in the United States: Disability and Economic Cost,' by X.H. Hu, et al., from `Archives of Internal Medicine'; `Outcome of Diabetic Foot Infections Treated...
- Effectiveness and Safety of a Nonremovable Fiberglass Off-Bearing Cast Versus a Therapeutic Shoe in the Treatment of Nueropathic Foot Ulcers. Caravaggi, Carlo; Faglia, Ezio; De Giglio, Roberto; Mantero, Manuela; Quarantiello, Antonella; Sommariva, Emanuela; Gino, Michela; Pritelli, Chiara; Morabito, Alberto // Diabetes Care;Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1746
Presents information on a study which compared the effectiveness of nonremovable fiberglass off-bearing cast with therapeutic shoes in the treatment of neuropathic foot ulcers. Methodology; Results of the study; Conclusions.
- Introduction to the latest competency dimension: Peripheral vascular disease. McCardle, Joanne; Fox, Martin // Diabetic Foot Journal;2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p54
The author discusses the launch of the Podiatry Competency Framework for Integrated Diabetic Foot Care document by the TRoglitazone in the Prevention of Diabetes (TRIPodD-Uk) in collaboration with several health organizations including the Foot in Diabetes UK, the Society of Chiropodists and...
- Pie diabÃ©tico: reporte de un caso y criterios de amputaciÃ³n. Luna, José Luis Padierna // Medicina Interna de Mexico;sep/oct2009, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p404
The case of diabetic foot is reported in a 48 year-old patient. He has background of diabetes mellitus type 2 for 13 years. He has had several episodes of diabetic foot including Charcot neuro-osteoathropathy, chronic and recurrent ulcer on the plantar surface, necrosis, and infection. In three...
- PODIATRY: A Step Toward Healthy, Happy Feet. // Ebony;Sep1978, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p105
The article focuses on podiatry, a growing branch of health care service concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of foot ailments. Once known as chiropody, it aims to treat foot ailments from minor foot disorders like occasional calluses to surgical restructuring of the foot. The article...
- Medicaid Pt. Kass, Jeffrey; Rosenblatt, Michael M. // Podiatry Management;Jan2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p36
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including an inquiry into the legality and morality of turning away a patient who has Medicaid, a response from the editor, and the challenge posed by Medicaid coverage for podiatric services.
- The role of early surgery in the treatment of acute diabetic foot in the elderly: a retrospective review. Bruttocao, Andrea; Spirch, Saverio; Militello, Carmelo; Martella, Bruno; Nistri, Roberto; De Rossi, Aldo; Mazzalai, Franco; Basato, Silvia; Zanella, Simone; Terranova, Oreste // BMC Geriatrics;2009 Supplement 1, Vol. 9, Special section p1
Clinical background In 1996, the overall prevalence of diabetic patients was 120 million and it will more than double by the year 2025. The most important complication in these patients is the diabetic foot (sepsis, abscess etc.). The aim of this study was to assess the role and results of...