- CHOICE BITS. // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p9
Several excerpts from recent Editor's Choice blog entries on CrainsCleveland.com including "Their cup runneth over in training workers," "Don't mess with...Ohio? Strickland defends state" and "Rock Hall engages in some Hero worship," are presented.
- The Many Moods of Teacher Blogs. Long, Cindy // NEA Today;Feb2007, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p33
The article presents information on several blogs of teachers. One tells about the things that a janitor does for schools like fixing printers and broken lightbulbs which make janitors unsung heroes of a classroom. Another states the personal insult to teachers when students show boredom on...
- The Final Nail In John Edwards' Political Coffin. Gandelman, Joe // Moderate Voice;1/27/2010, p12
The article presents several reactions regarding the end of the political career of John Edwards. A blog states that Edwards is considered a champion of the poor and an emancipator of women. In addition, some thinks he is a hero while others think that his sexual exploits are not important...
- Heroes with Feet of Flesh and Bone. Whitman, S. // Humanist;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p28
Presents a third place winning essay from the North American Essay Contest on the author's search for heroic people embarked on projects of compassion. Childhood concept of heroism; Redefining heroes; Individuals who are committed to humankind.
- Better than Batman. Ross, John // New Internationalist;Nov97, Issue 296, p4
Focuses on the many `superheroes' in Mexico City, Mexico, highlighting the community work that they are doing, which is said to be neglected by the government. Type of community work done; Names given to these heroes; How the name of hero is reflected in the type of community work done;...
- Do we need heroes? Price, Sean // Junior Scholastic;9/2/94, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p8
Questions the need for heroes. Types of heroes; Effect of heroes on teenagers; O.J. Simpson, a football legend, sportscaster and film star.
- Today's image of the American military hero // Esquire;Jul86, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p64
Today's image of the American military hero is a Rambo-style pyrotechnic one man war. What the American soldier needs is a real model, a soldier whose sole function is to be willing to give his life to maintain peace because of his love for it. Such are the Samurai of the Far East and we would...
- Local heroes. Martin, Scott // Bicycling;Mar1996, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p54
Looks at three bike advocates who have made a difference and advice on how you can become local hero. Name of cycling heroes; Comments from cyclers.
- Larger than life. Sudo, P. // Scholastic Update;11/2/90, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p2
Presents an overview of the `Scholastic Update' issue on nations and their heroes. How they exemplify a people's values and unite a society; What makes a hero; Historical view of heroes. INSET: Who are your heroes?, by J.E. Hardy..