N.Y. Legislature's Watered-Down Ethics Bill Angers Gov. Paterson
- Ugly budget may contain a shocker. Gormley, Michael // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/6/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 158, p4
In this article the author discusses the move of the Democratic majority of the New York Legislature to force negotiations on some major ideas proposed by Governor David Paterson by holding the final budget bill.
- ADVOCACY UPDATE. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/9/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 23, p30
The article reports that the New York State Commission on Property Tax Relief has issued a preliminary report on property taxes on June 2, 2008. If accepted by Governor David A. Paterson and the Legislature, taxes of New Yorkers could reach to 4% a year, while local school taxes might not exceed...
- DEADLOCK IN ALBANY. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;6/18/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the claim of New York Governor David Paterson and State Senator Bill Perkins about the impact of the deadlock in the State Senate on the 25 important bills that are still pending. Paterson requests Senators from both political parties to discuss several bills including...
- Paterson: NYS will push on to marriage equality. // Empty Closet;May2008, Issue 412, p1
The article focuses on the advocacy for marriage equality expressed by New York Governor David Paterson in his speech delivered at the New York Leadership Awards of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force on April 7, 2008. He was honored for his work on behalf of gay, lesbian, bisexual and...
- Assembly passes marriage equality; focus shifts to Senate vote. Jordan, Susan // Empty Closet;Jun2009, Issue 424, p1A
The article reports on the decision of the New York Assembly to pass the legislation of Governor David Paterson on May 12, 2009 that would give same-sex couples the freedom to marry. Among those who voted for the bill are local Democrats Susan John of Rochester, Joseph Morelle of Irondequoit and...
- State pays $300,000 to the photographer Paterson fired. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;Jul2009, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on a settlement reached for New York Senate photographer Joseph Maioriello who was fired by Governor David Paterson in 2003. It states that the state has agreed to pay Maioriello $300,000 to settle the photographer's lawsuit. It mentions that the governor had replaced...
- New York Legislators Supports Marriage Recognition While Legislating No-Fault Divorce. A. S. L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Sep2010, p135
The article reports on a New York Assembly committee memo accompanying the no-fault divorce bill signed by New York Governor David Paterson which takes care to avoid implications that by using the terms "husband" and "wife," the legislature might be seen as undermining state court opinions...
- Thanks... // Westchester County Business Journal;1/18/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p4
In this article the author discusses the proposal of David Paterson, governor in New York, to implement additional cuts to be able to improve the plummeting revenue and limited resources in Westchester, New York.
- Joins her team. // New York Amsterdam News;04/26/97, Vol. 88 Issue 17, p1C
Presents a caption of state senator David Paterson, as he endorsed City Councilwoman C. Virginia Fields, who is in the race for the Democratic nomination for Manhattan borough president.