Concrete Q&A: How Low Is Too Low for a 7-Day Cylinder Break?
- Concrete durability. Goeb, Eugene O. // Concrete Products;May97, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p82
Comments on the presentation on `Durable Concrete' at a Transportation Research Board meeting. Problem about the presentation; Presentation of the adverse effects of aggressive agents; Effects that enhance durability; Doubts about the ready-mix concrete industry's ability to control water...
- Architectural concrete: A hands-on approach pays. Russell, James S. // Architectural Record;Jan1995, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p28
Presents the requisite measures for the maintenance of architectural exposed-to-view concrete. Constituents and classification of the concrete used; Description of the process of concrete making.
- Is your operation ready for winter?--a checklist to consider. Welgoss, Bill // Pit & Quarry;Nov95, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p42
Lists items and practices to consider on the maintenance of concrete construction plants. Running of conveyor belts to warn up; Use of steam or water in heating aggregates; Recommended concrete temperatures; Installation of low-pressure, high-volume aeration blowers; Draining of water meters daily.
- J. Craig Venter Institute, La Jolla, Calif. // Concrete Construction;Jan2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p24
The article focuses on the use of concrete in the construction of the J. Craig Venter Institute in La Jolla, San Diego, California.
- New projects are there. // Buildings;Sep93, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p34
Lists construction projects as of September 1993. Intel Corp.'s plan to build a facility in Rio Rancho, New Mexico; Athletic facility of Lehman College in the Bronx, New York; Multi-phase expansion of Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee; More.
- Notable Concrete in Georgia. // Concrete International;Apr2007, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p31
A photo essay of concrete construction in Georgia is presented.
- In-situ research. // International Construction;Jun98, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the European Concrete Building Project which involves the construction and testing of four full-scale concrete buildings in Great Britain. Assessment of the efficiency, economy, quality and performance of the alternative methods of construction; Lead partners in the project;...
- Conductive concrete option to heat tracing. LeBlanc, Leonard // Offshore;Jul97, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p28
Reports that materials researchers at the Institute for Research in Construction in Ottawa, Ontario have developed a conductive concrete that may be used as an option to heat tracing for oil and gas producers in limiting paraffin and hydrate accumulation.
- Dressing up our Look. Yelton, Rick // Concrete Producer;Dec2005, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p7
Introduces a series of articles on the concrete construction industry in the U.S.