Impressions of a People Under Siege
- The Iron Wall of Jenin. Jabr, Samah // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jul2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p15
Condemns the violence being used by the Israeli government to imprison and isolate Palestinians in Israel. Human rights violations committed by the Israeli government; Erection of an iron wall in Jenin, Israel to separate Israeli and Palestinians; Israeli government's implementation of a plan...
- Talk of Expulsion More Ominous Than Ever. Rabinowitz, Danny // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jul2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p18
Reports that talks regarding the expulsion of Palestinians from Israel are more ominous in Israeli newspapers. Newspaper articles that hint of a right-wing vision of a mass expulsion of Palestinians from Israel; Alleged dangers posed by Palestinians to Israel's chances of achieving...
- If we aren't vigilant, hate could split us even more. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;8/16/93, Vol. 9 Issue 33, p6
Opinion. Analyzes the race and ethnic problems in Metro Detroit. Trying to cope with the polarity problem; Strong divisions existing within the Asian community; Mistake to consider Hispanics or Latinos as a single ethnic group; Strong divisions between European cultures.
- Jerusalem: Palestinian Space, Behaviors and Attitudes. Yousef, Omar // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1/2, p43
Dr. Omar Yousef is an architect and urban planner/ researcher He is assistant professor al Al-Quds University and academic coordinator of the MA. program in Jerusalem Studies. This article is partly based on a research done in 200 7-8 which examined Palestinian attitudes about the peace process...
- On the line in Jerusalem. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;1/19/99, Vol. 91 Issue 36, p9
Recounts the author's experiences living in the Arab and Jewish neighborhood of Abu Tor in Jerusalem, Israel. Peaceful if tenuous coexistence of Arabs and Jews there; Impact of the murder of Arab Osama Natsche, probably by a Jewish serial killer; The invisible border in the neighborhood;...
- Fear of Being Slandered as 'Anti-Semites' Means We Are Abetting Terrible Deeds in the Middle East. Fisk, Robert // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jul2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p19
Comments on journalists' refusal to tell the truth about Palestinian Arabs in Israel. Portrayal of Palestinians as terrorists by the mass media; Violations of international law allegedly committed by Israel; Journalists' fear of being branded as anti-Semites.
- Afrodescendants in Costa Rica. Minott, Carlos // Wadabagei: A Journal of the Caribbean & Its Diasporas;Winter2005, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p10
Examines the civil and political rights of African Costa Ricans in 2005. Policies regarding the status of ethnic minorities in Costa Rica; Role of the minority group in eliminating race discrimination in the country; Failure of the government to address the problems caused by racial differences...
- Discursos Racistas: InstitucionalizaciÃ³n del Racismo a travÃ©s de las PrÃ¡cticas LingÃ¼Ãsticas. Traverso-Yépez, Martha // Revista Interamericana de PsicologÃa;2005, p61
This paper points out the role of racist discourses in the definition and justification of different forms of segregation practices against the population considered as non-white in Ecuador. From the nanative structures of interviews realized with elites representatives, it appears that...
- Race, Tribe, and Power in the Heart of Africa. Berkeley, Bill // World Policy Journal;Spring2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p79
Presents an essay about ethnic conflict, tribalism, race and other challenges facing Africans. Most important legacies of a century of colonial tyranny; Widespread misconception of the post-Cold War era; Common illusion of the post-Cold War era.