Can Arabs Make Peace with Israel?
- Tough tack by Israel raises ire. Peterson, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;9/8/97, Vol. 89 Issue 198, p1
Investigates the effect that tough Israeli retaliations against Palestinian terrorists is having on the peace process in the Middle East as of September of 1997. The role that Palestinian extremists are playing in preventing peace; The political aspects of terrorism; How Palestinians view...
- In His Father's Footsteps. // Christian Science Monitor;5/26/99, Vol. 91 Issue 126, p8
Editorial. Contends that Jordan's King Abdullah is doing well following in the footsteps of his father, King Hussein. The continuance of the commitment to peace; Syria's willingness to mitigate differences with Israel; Need for Jordon to improve its economic conditions.
- Blaming Israel. // Commentary;Feb1984, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p29
After a period of intense political turmoil, Israel appears to be momentarily outside the eye of the storm. Relations with the U.S. are improving. A historical look at Israel's activities and its relations with the rest of the world and how the press has reported it.
- How not to occupy the West Bank. // Commentary;Apr86, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p15
No abstract available.
- A false start in the Middle East. Rostow, E.V. // Commentary;Oct89, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p24
Covers the failure of the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 242 and 338 to bring peace between Israel and its neighbors. West Bank settlements; Arab-Israeli conflict.
- Israel's peace clock drags. Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;1/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 29, p6
Discusses the problems facing Israel's peace accords with the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and Syria. Reaction of the Government officials of Israel and the PLO to the problems.
- Israel says wall must separate Palestinians. // Christian Science Monitor;1/25/95, Vol. 87 Issue 41, p7
Reports on the Israeli suggestion of physical separation between them and the Palestinians as means to end violence between the two. Details of the same.
- Syrian and Israeli army chiefs. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David; Nordahl, Peter E. // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/95, Vol. 87 Issue 137, p2
Informs about a meeting between Syrian and Israeli army chiefs to be held in Washington on June 27, 1995, to talk on security arrangements in a peace deal between the two nations.
- Rabin's task: The settlers. // Christian Science Monitor;6/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 149, p20
Editorial. Focuses on the territorial dispute between Israel and Palestine and the role of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin in settling the issue. Importance of July 1, 1995 in clearing the path for the elections in Gaza and West Bank; Settlers issue and land seizures; Hopes on the future...