INTERNATIONAL OFFSETS POOR VALUE FOR MONEY?
- Proxy Preview 2015 Examines Record-Breaking Number of Sustainability-Related Shareholder Resolutions. Kauffman, Caitlin // SB Communications Weekly;3/12/2015, p1
The article discusses the 10th annual Proxy Preview report from the shareholder advocacy organization "As You Sow," which reveals demand of investors for more disclosure of corporate political spending before and after elections.
- Activist Investors Have Taken Aim At Retail. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/14/2013, Vol. 206 Issue 32, p8
The article focuses on the role of activist shareholders and investors in the retail and apparel sectors as of August 2013. According to Michael Appel, president of consulting firm Appel Associates, activist investors can be important when they identify companies that are undermanaged and press...
- the big chill. Quinn, David // Estates Gazette;11/15/2008 EG Retail Supplement, p14
The article reports on the status of British retail names and Icelandic investment company Baugur. The company's ongoing troubles have been caused by the failure and nationalisation of Icelandic banks Glitnir, Landsbanki and Kaupthing in early October. The company maintains there is no threat to...
- M&S makes 'world's first carbon neutral retailer' claim. Hegarty, Ronan // Grocer;6/9/2012, p5
The article reports on the claim by Marks & Spencer that it is the first major retailer in the world to become carbon neutral.
- UK companies fail to curb their carbon emissions. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Oct2009, Issue 417, p10
The article focuses on the 2009 Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) survey which found that most of the largest companies in Great Britain have failed to set a carbon reduction target. Statistics are provided on the response rate, percentage of emissions, and the number of companies that publish...
- Take custody of your carbon. Bankovskis, Andris // ICIS Chemical Business;11/26/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 20, p10
The article reports on issues concerning carbon trading. It is informed that with businesses requiring emission reductions from their supply chains, investors want to know how organizations will cope in a carbon-constrained world. The article discusses some of the best and most cost-effective...
- Shop till you drop. // Middle East;May2013, Issue 443, p10
The article offers information on growth in the retail industry in Middle East, with increase in the per capita expenditure on store-based retailing.
- Shops shoot ahead. Lander, Russell // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/25/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6099, p55
Considers the outlook for the retail index in Australia and the performance it has shown over the past thirteen months as 1997 comes to a close. Charts showing the result of four companies over this period; The optimism on the part of investors about the shopping period for Christmas 1997.
- New businesses ushering in renewal on East 185th St.. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p16
Reports the retail trade at East 185th Street in Cleveland, Ohio. Incentives offered by Northeast Shores Development Corp. to attract investors; Retail vacancy in the area; Problems faced by the district.