- The Loess Hills A Century of Change. Buman, Stan // Iowa Heritage Illustrated;Summer2010, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p42
A photo essay and text is presented which documents the geographic changes to the Loess Hills in Iowa during the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Media ethics: An oxymoron? Hulihan, Maile // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p4
Editorial. Comments on the use of altered news images or photographs by the media. `Treasury & Risk Management' as an example; Alteration of photographs for cosmetic and appeal reasons.
- Improve pictures through placement and cropping. Douglis, Philip N. // Communication World;Mar1995, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p39
Presents tips for photograph editors and publication designers. Creation of meaning and relationship through careful picture positioning; Techniques regarding picture cropping; Example of effective picture layout.
- What is truth? Rosen, Sheri // Communication World;Mar1995, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on the depiction of truth in photographs for organizational publications. Rules regarding the use of quotations from sources; Code of the American Society of Media Photographer's regarding the responsibilities of a photojournalist; Ease of digital alterations and manipulation of...
- Intimacy: The up-close and personal picture. Douglis, Philip N. // Communication World;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p41
Focuses on photojournalistic images in print. Use as a marketing tool; Advantage of images on television screens; Themes.
- How eyes can express meaning in pictures. Douglis, Philip N. // Communication World;Apr/May97, Vol. 14 Issue 5/6, p41
Comments on how eye movements, direction and placement convey the feelings of the person. Contributing effect of hand position and direction.
- Photojournalism. Maniscalco, Lynn Troy // PSA Journal;Feb94, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p42
Reports on development in photojournalism in the United States as of February 1994. Evaluation of slides and prints by photojournalism judge; Promotion of photojournalism by clubs; Donation of medal to PJ Traveling Exhibition.
- Photojournalism. Maniscalco, Lynn Troy // PSA Journal;Jun94, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p41
Reports on developments about photojournalism in the United States as of June 1994. Launch of print portfolio or slide study group; Nominations to award presented by the PJD; Results of interclub contest by the Photographic Guild of Nova Scotia.
- Give photojournalism a try. Maniscalco, Lynn Troy // PSA Journal;Jul94, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the informative value of a photojournalism photograph. Techniques on how to capture great moments on film; Importance of readiness; Skills required from a photojournalist.