URBAN GOVERNMENT FINANCE AND FEDERAL INCOME TAX REFORM
- Avoid The Rush--Plan Now. Assael, Isaac; Kliegman, Edwin J. // CPA Journal;Dec98, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on planning for the 2000 tax session in the United States. Addressing of last year's problems; Upgrading of software and hardware; Review of standardized letters and forms; Methods of gathering information; Establishment of cutoff dates.
- COMMENT ON "THE DEDUCTIBILITY OF STATE AND LOCAL TAXES". Chernick, Howard; Reschovsky, Andrew // National Tax Journal;Mar87, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p95
Focuses on the deductibility of state and local taxes in the United States. Tax reform proposals; Upper bound mobility of the incentive; Tax price for itemizers in a low income community.
- How Much Tax Cut? Huskonen, Wallace D. // 33 Metalproducing;Mar2001, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p6
Comments on the proposed tax cut and budget priorities of United States President George W. Bush. Proposed tax cut plan by the Democrats; Need to pay down the national debt; Impact of tax cut on the economy stability of the U.S.
- Payments to jurors reportable. // Practical Accountant;Oct99, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the United States Chief Counsel's office has advised that Section 6041 requires reporting of tax payments to jurors on Form 1099-MISC.
- What should I do to be prepared for tax time? // Business Press;03/05/99, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p21
Gives advice on how to prepare one's documents for tax filing in the United States. Creation of a consistent record keeping system; Set up of a petty cash account for additional expenses; Availability of taxation information from the Internal Revenue Service's web site.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31370, p2
Reports developments related to the government fund and taxation in the U.S. Problem on the shortage of budget; Lack of long term rating on tax bond; Increase of tax rate.
- Tax problems. // Accountancy;Jun89, Vol. 103 Issue 1150, p13
Focuses on tax problems in the United States.
- THE SLOWDOWN COMES TO WASHINGTON. // National Journal;4/14/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p1092
Presents news briefs on the United States (U.S.) economy as of April 14, 2001. Percentage of respondents asked by a CBS poll who thought that the economy was in good condition; Effect of the decline in the stock market on the public support for U.S. President George W. Bush's Social Security...
- Alaska, Colorado, Oregon Voters Say No to Tax Cut Measures. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/09/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31014, p32
Reports on the rejection of tax reduction by voters in Alaska, Colorado and Oregon. Defeat of Amendment 21 in Colorado; Passage of tax cut measures in Washington and Massachusetts; Repeal of 1999 tax increases in Washington.