- editorial. Maksimovic, Andrea // Chain Reaction;2004, Issue 91, p6
Comments on the issues of population growth and the inevitable mass circulation of people. Estimated world population growth by 2050; Criticisms against Australia's immigration policy; Fears of Australians regarding foreign workers.
- FRENCH IDEAS OF A CIVILIZING MISSION IN SOUTH AMERICA, 1830-1848. Morgan, Iwan // Canadian Journal of History;Dec81, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p379
Examines the French ideas of a civilizing mission in South America between 1830 to 1848. Immigration into South America for commercial expansion and to prevent overpopulation; Persuasion of the French regime by diplomats, academicians, and merchants; Use of superior knowledge and values of...
- The Historical Roots of Prop 187 in California. Takaki, Ronald // Chinese American Forum;Jan1995, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p3
The article presents the historical roots of proposition 187 in California. The beginnings of the place are traced back to migrants who helped create the modern economy of the state. Unfortunately, their presence is now seen as the culprit for economic woes and the solution the natives have in...
- Ugly return of racism. // Eastern Eye;7/1/2016, Issue 1360, p8
An editorial is presented in which the author discusses an increase in the racial attack on minority community in Great Britain, following Brexit referendum 2016, Great Britain's withdrawal from the European Union, and negative impact of Brexit on immigration.
- An Alternative and a Less Painful Process. Chowdary, T. H. // India Economy Review;Jan2011, Vol. 7, p40
The article asserts that by urbanizing and providing urban facilities in rural areas and by providing jobs to the educated young villagers, exemplified by the GramIT project, the problem of overpopulation of Indian urban areas due to migration can be solved. The GramIT project being implemented...
- Scenarios of optimal control of transregional migration processes under risk. V. Akimenko; A. Nakonechnyi; S. Voloshchuk // Cybernetics & Systems Analysis;Jan2007, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p12
AbstractÂ Â Scenarios of migration are considered as applied to the problem of optimal control of transregional migration with zero risk of overpopulation or insufficient population and migration with obtaining the minimum of the objective functional and minimizing risk. Numerical algorithms...
- Caring Capacity. Moss, Doug // E: The Environmental Magazine;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on environmental issues related to overpopulation in the U.S. Effect of overpopulation on the environment; Impact of immigration on population growth; Information on ways to slowdown the growth of population.
- RecepÃ§Ãµes de Malthus no Portugal de Oitocentos. Graça, João Carlos // Ler HistÃ³ria;2008, Issue 55, p163
In Portugal' 19th Century, Malthus's work gets reactions that range from acceptation with reserves to radical refutation, amidst some misunderstandings. Both the themes of overproduction and overpopulation are subject of comment. While very frequent by late 19th century, there's no record of...
- Easter Island. // AirGuide Online.com;11/2/2009, p10
The article reports on the decision of the inhabitants of Easter Island in the South Pacific to restrict immigration due to fear of overpopulation. It cites that more that 90 percent of the population have voted to the referendum organized by the Chilean government. It mentions that the major...