Rathdrum battery maker touting 'eco-friendly' line
- ONE MILE = ONE POUND. Rayner, Bruce // Triathlon Life;Fall2009, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p70
The article offers tips in offsetting carbon dioxide emissions. Some options to avoid the cost of pollution to the environment are mentioned, such as sharing a ride, taking public transportation, and riding a bike. Moreover, typical projects that prevents the equivalent amount of carbon dioxide...
- A perfect excuse. Walker, Gabrielle // New Scientist;10/24/98, Vol. 160 Issue 2157, p5
Focuses on a report that claims that trees in the United States are sucking up almost all of the carbon dioxide that the US releases every year. Amount of carbon dioxide emissions released each year in the US; Research by Carbon Modeling Consortium; Absorption by young trees; Cautions over...
- Transnational Carbon-Trading Standards: Improving the Transparency and Coordination of Post-Kyoto Carbon Trading Markets. Smith, Braden // Pace Environmental Law Review;Fall2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, preceding p325
The article focuses on carbon-trading markets of the European Union, Australia and the U.S. It mentions about Kyoto Protocols that plagues the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) process to monitor or verify emissions reductions in carbon trading international markets....
- The inconvenient truth of carbon offsets. Anderson, Kevin // Nature;4/5/2012, Vol. 484 Issue 7392, p7
The author discusses aspects of the Planet Under Pressure conference held in London, England and his views about carbon offsetting. He asserts that he declined the offer of carbon offsetting because he believes it is dangerously misleading and has no scientific legitimacy. He contends that...
- Valley Forge Fabrics Undertakes Carbon Neutral Shipping. // Home Textiles Today;4/30/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p18
The article reports on the plan by Valley Forge Fabrics Inc. to implement carbon neutral shipping program of United Parcel Service of America Inc. (UPS) to reduce the impact of carbon dioxide emission in the environment.
- FROM 2005-2013, ENERGY-RELATED CO2 EMISSIONS HAVE FALLEN IN NEARLY EVERY STATE. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;12/3/2015, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p4
Statistics are given regarding an analysis on energy-related carbon dioxide (C02) emissions from 2005-2013 in the U.S. including the number of states showing a decline or surge, percentage of emissions caused by electricity production, and industrial processes.
- How far along are we at developing algae-based and other higher yield sources of biofuels? Scheer, Roddy // Earth Talk: Questions & Answers About Our Environment;6/09/2013, p1
The article discusses the development of biofuels derived from algae. It mentions that burning such fuel in an engine or factory produces emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) similar to its fossil counterparts. It also notes that its protoctist type resource requires the gas for photosynthesis...
- Six ways to reduce fuel use, save money, keep our roads safe. // Filipino Post;4/4/2013, p15
The article outlines six ways to reduce fuel use, curb carbon dioxide emissions and improve road safety which include accelerating gently, maintaining a steady speed and controlling the air conditioning.
- Creative solution for a greenhouse gas. // Canadian Geographic;Aug/Sep91, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on an innovative solution that would reduce carbon dioxide emissions while giving profit to oil companies. Pumping of the emissions back underground to old wells; Reduction of the carbon dioxide entering the atmosphere while pushing more oil to the surface; Goal of safe carbon dioxide...