- Filings Indicate SCOR is Too Small. // SCOR Report;2001 Mid-Year Review, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p1
Presents an update on venture capital filings in the U.S. as of the second quarter of 2001.
- Why is it so Hard to Get Venture Capital? // Export Wise;Spring2003, p5
Focuses on the venture capital industry in Canada as of April 2003. Overview of investment activity in the industry in 1999; Factors which venture capitalists consider when deciding where to invest; Effect of the economic condition on the industry.
- Lenders set bar higher in '01. Leaf, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;12/11/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 51, pSB6
Discusses the market prospects for small business financing in Chicago, Illinois in 2001. Impact of the likely increase in interest rates in 2001; Increased scrutiny by bankers of small businesses' loan portfolios; Requirements for small firms to attract and secure venture capital.
- Mezzanine financing prevents ownership dilution. Wojtowicz, Jean // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/26/99, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p49A
Presents an answer to a question about how to raise venture capital for a small business without giving up more equity. Banks and lenders' eagerness to help companies grow because they create vibrant local economies, creating a demand for more loans; Suggestion to ask the small business' lender...
- Microenterprise has international roots. // Las Vegas Business Press;04/30/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p18B
Focuses on the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) MicroLoan Program in Nevada. Nevada Microenterprise Initiative as SBA-certified microlender; Products and services offered; Borrower qualifications; Contact number.
- Small-business loan sources. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/96, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p43
Presents a list of small-business loan sources in New York State and New Jersey.
- Where are the new business angels? // Management Today;Jul95, p3
Editorial. Comments on the shortage of venture capital for small business in Great Britain. Tax breaks aimed to encourage investment in small business.
- Clean and sober. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;03/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 13, p46
Examines the slow down of venture capital in the United States. Flow of venture capital money from 1998 to 2000; Benefits of the slow down; Areas where venture capitalists should place their investments. INSET: VC survival guide.
- Trading a little piece of equity for a shot at big growth. Ragland, Larry // Business Press;4/26/96, Vol. 8 Issue 52, p17
Reports on the availability of financial funds for small businesses in Texas. Demands on financial resources of firms; Difficulty of obtaining loans; Role of venture capitalist; Contact information.