A nuclear and sustainable energy reading list
- Calendar of Events. // TIDEE (TERI Information Digest on Energy & Environment);Mar2015, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p143
A calendar of events for energy and environment is presented including The International Conference on Renewable Energy Sources and Sustainability (RESUS-2015), 9th International Renewable Energy Storage Conference (IRES 2015), and the International Conference on Renewable Energies and Power...
- Thyroid Cancer Incidence in the Vicinity of Nuclear Sites in Belgium, 2000-2008. Bollaerts, Kaatje; Fierens, Sébastien; Van Bladel, Lodewijk; Simons, Koen; Sonck, Michel; Poffijn, André; Geraets, David; Gosselin, Pol; Van Oyen, Herman; Francart, Julie; Van Nieuwenhuyse, An // Thyroid;May2014, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p906
Background: Public health concern about nuclear activities have existed since the 1980s. Most studies on this subject investigated childhood leukemia. Thyroid cancer may be another health outcome of interest, because some nuclear installations are a potential source of radioactive iodine...
- ON PREPARING FOR THE ADVENT OF NUCLEAR POWER. Seliger, Howard H. // BioScience;8/1/1970, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p847
The author reflects on topics related to developments of nuclear power plants in the State of Maryland. The environmental authorities in Maryland have succeeded in establishing an environmental friendly image for the proposed Calvert Cliffs nuclear power plant. In addition, the Maryland Task...
- Sustainable Energy Portfolios for Small Island States. Szabó, Sándor; Kougias, Ioannis; Moner-Girona, Magda; Bódis, Katalin // Sustainability (2071-1050);2015, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p12340
The study presents a cost effective electricity generation portfolio for six island states for a 20-year period (2015-2035). The underlying concept investigates whether adding sizeable power capacities of renewable energy sources (RES) options could decrease the overall costs and contribute to a...
- Biofuel caution is 'deeply disappointing'. // Farmers Weekly;5/20/2011, Vol. 155 Issue 21, p33
The article reports on the disappointment of the British Country Land and Business Association regarding the Renewable Energy Review conducted by the Committee on Climate Change in May 2011. It mentions that the organization called for farmers to practice cautious approach to the use of biofuels...
- Â¼ of U.S. nuclear plants leak radiation. Etnier, Carl // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/26/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 73, p4
In this article the author comments on the impact of the nuclear plants leak radiation in the U.S.
- Nuclear Power Plants--Double-Edged Swords. // Defense Monitor;2000, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
Analyzes the vulnerability of nuclear reactors to an enemy attack in nations with Nuclear Power Plants. Implications of nuclear energy on the environment and national security; Statistics on the worldwide reactor status and electrical nuclear share of countries; Role of preventive diplomacy in...
- Interagency radiation emergency plan. // Disasters: Preparedness & Mitigation in the Americas;Oct2010, Issue 114, p10
The article offers information on the third edition of the "Joint Radiation Emergency Management Plan of the International Organization."
- New work on the benefits of environmental regulation: Discussion. Opaluch, James J. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec93, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p1283
Discusses the value of using comparison approach on the issue of environmental regulations on nuclear power. Basis of thought process on the benefits of two alternatives; Untenability of public perceptions to expert assessments.