Torment and Death From 'Bullycide'
- WESTERN. Burr, Ty // Entertainment Weekly;06/08/2001, Issue 599, p55
Reviews the motion picture `The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance,' directed by John Ford, released on digital video disc format.
- Out on video. Sterritt, David // Christian Science Monitor;7/25/97, Vol. 89 Issue 168, p12
Reviews several movies out on videocassette as of July 25, 1997. `Mr. Smith Goes to Washington' and `The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance,' both starring Jimmy Stewart; `Macao,' starring Robert Mitchum.
- WESTERNS AND UNITED STATES' HISTORY. Countryman, Edward // History Today;Mar83, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p18
Reviews several motion pictures. 'Shane'; 'Little Big Man'; 'The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence.'
- THERE ONCE WERE GIANTS. Marini, John // Human Events;05/28/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 20, special section p12
Discusses how Hollywood western culture, a United States art form, offered an artistic and popular response to the intellectual triumph of progressivism. Brief history of the western culture; How the culture is presented in movies; Review of the motion picture `The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.'
- THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE (1962). FROSCH, JON // Hollywood Reporter;11/21/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 40, p124
No abstract available.
- RUNNING ON EMPTY. // Film Comment;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p11
The article presents a list of films including "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", "Le Beau Mariage" and "Whisky Galore".
- Frontier Editors Go the Way of All Press. Lalire, Gregory // Wild West;Oct2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p4
The author reflects on the gradual demise of newspapers and the memory left by William Forbes, editor of "The Humboldt Register." He cites the simultaneous sesquicentennial celebration and closing of "The Rocky Mountain News." He describes Forbes as clever, influential and brave, and compares...
- WESTERN ROUNDUP. Neuhaus, Mel // Sound & Vision;Nov2001, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p133
Reviews several motion pictures released in digital video discs. `Vera Cruz'; `The Magnificent Seven'; `The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance'; `Rio Bravo.'
- An idealist and a sceptic. MARQUSEE, MIKE // Red Pepper Magazine;Oct/Nov2010, Issue 174, p56
The author examines the work of film director John Ford. It details Ford's creation of the films "Stagecoach," "The Grapes of Wrath," "They Were Expendable" and "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance." Ford is the son of Irish immigrants who moved from Maine to Hollywood, California at the age of 20...