Health literacy: a challenge for American patients and their health care providers
- Health-Related Activities Reported in Past 12 Months by Persons 50-79, 2002ï¿½. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2003, p16
Presents a list of health-related activities as reported by persons age 50-79 for the past 12 months for the year 2001.Results obtained for gender and age; Activities include having blood pressure checked, using the internet for health information, trying to manage stress, having cholesterol...
- Assessment of newspaper reporting of public health and the medical model: a methodological case study. Westwood, B; Westwood, G // Health Promotion International;Mar1999, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p53
A case study over a 4-week period reviewed health items reported in the Australian newspaper, The (Brisbane) Courier Mail, under the two broad categories of public health and the medical model. Content analysis was utilized to assess 19 criteria which measured prominence, content, stakeholders,...
- Promoting schools. // Primary Educator;1998, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p1
Features the Australian Health Promoting Schools Association (AHPSA) which initiates and supports ways of establishing in schools a broad view of health consistent with the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion. Concept of Health Promoting School (HPS); Curriculum, teaching and learning; School...
- American Journal of Health Studies. // American Journal of Health Studies;2007, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p261
The article reviews the "American Journal of Health Studies."
- Health-Promoting Schools Initiative in the Americas. Ippolitko-Shepherd, Josefa // UN Chronicle;Jun-Aug2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the importance of health promotions and health education among the people America. Improvement of conditions of hygiene and environmental sanitation; Implementation of integrated school health programs; Consensus between the health and education sectors. INSET: A Typical...
- Fred's Corner. Hobby, Fred D. // AHA News;9/13/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 18, p8
The author reflects on the effort of the Institute for Diversity in Health Management to provide the public with education, tools, and resources to help in eliminating disparities in care and build healthier communities.
- Today's Health Problems and Health Education. // American Journal of Public Health;Mar2004, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p368
Presents an excerpt from the book "Today's Health Problems and Health Education," by Mayhew Derryberry.
- Health promotion. // Nursing Standard;7/29/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p58
A quiz concerning health promotion is presented.
- Tailoring: what's in a name? Kreuter, Matthew W.; Skinner, Celette Sugg // Health Education Research;Feb2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Editorial. Deals with the tailoring of health education and health promotion interventions. Features of tailored health promotion intervention that distinguish it from other intervention approaches; Description of the targeted health interventions; Details of tailored print materials for...