THE PLEASURE PRINCIPLE
- Yeme Bagimliliginin Etyolojisi. �yek�in, Demet G�le�; Deveci, Artuner // Current Approaches in Psychiatry / Psikiyatride Guncel Yaklasiml;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p138
Food addiction is a new topic of focus in the scientific literature. Food intake might be concerned as food addiction in some cases, especially in obese cases and over-eaters. Addiction like behaviours are commonly observed mong these people. Recent animal, epidemiological, clinical and genetic...
- BED: A Chronic or Temporary Condition? // Eating Disorders Review;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on a study which sought to examine whether binge eating disorder (BED) is a chronic or temporary condition. Physician James I. Hudson and other researchers sought to settle conflicting findings by examining data from a family they interviewed. The study was conducted among...
- M&M's make friends? Not for weight-conscious women. Ruggless, Ron; Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;1/23/95, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p22
No abstract available.
- Women's Health and Reproductive Rights Information Centre. // Women's International Network News;Winter91, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p33
Highlights the contents of a 1991 publication of Women's Health and Reproductive Rights Information Centre in London, England. Includes food addiction; Art therapy as treatment for eating problems; Group-led therapy for bulimic women.
- Five steps to overcoming a food addiction. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/2/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p20
The article offers ways on overcoming a food addiction, in which one must be motivated, create powerful negative associations, and identify your current associations.
- A secret, no longer disguised. Bush, Claire // Natural Health;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p67
Relate experiences in coping with baldness in the United States. Effect of baldness on development as a child; Escapism tactics used to cope with the situation; Realization of spiritualism effect on eating and drinking binges; Use of physical exercise for self improvement; Foundation of a...
- Eating to excess. Persinger, Ryanne // Charlotte Post;6/9/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p1B
The article discusses the ways food addiction can manifest, offers information on a 12-step program patterned after Alcoholics Anonymous, and presents a list of 15 questions to help individuals determine if they may be a compulsive eater.
- 'Food is my heroin and it is killing me' Diamond, Anne // Nursing Standard;3/16/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p28
Anne Diamond describes a woman who needs help.
- Food addiction: a new phenomenon. Cameron, Amanda; Topham-Kindley, Liane // New Zealand Doctor;8/24/2011, p24
The article focuses on the increasing school of thought discussed among the medical professionals in New Zealand of the possibility that people become addicted to food.