Development without Borders
- Globalization. Held, David; McGrew, Anthony; Goldblatt, David; Perraton, Jonathan // Global Governance;Oct-Dec99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p483
Globalization: n. a process (or set of processes) that embodies a transformation in the spatial organization of social relations and transactions, generating transcontinental or interregional flows and networks of activity, interaction, and power.
- Is Globalization Good for Women? Jaggar, Alison M. // Comparative Literature;Fall2001, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p298
No abstract available.
- Globalization in Historical Perspective. Bordo, Michael D. // Business Economics;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p20
Provides information on globalization in historical perspective. Dimensions of globalization; Effects of globalization; Role of finance in globalization.
- Editor's Note. Gillespie, Nick // Reason;Jul2001, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p5
Introduces a series of articles on globalization.
- Editors' Introduction. Mayer, Danny; Woodward, Keith // disClosure;2004, Issue 13, p0
Introduces a series of articles on the topic of globalization.
- 'Harvards' and 'Have-nots' on a Level Playing Field: Open Access as a Publication Model for Contemporary Area Studies. Hoffmann, Bert // Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs;2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including classic print model that creates massive structural barriers to equal participation, regional research about religion and globalization, and comparative area studies.
- From Sarajevo to September 11. Micklethwait, John; Wooldridge, Adrian // Policy Review;Feb/Mar2003, Issue 117, p49
Discusses the future of globalization. Definition of globalization; Reason for the confusion that surrounds globalization; Ways in which terrorist Osama bin Laden changed the debate about globalization; Ways in which globalization increases the importance of government.
- The Iraq Disaster and Other Global Issues. // Future Survey;Oct2005, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p2
Introduces a series of articles on the U.S. foreign policy, globalization and world population growth.
- About the Contributors. // Governing Under Stress: Middle Powers & the Challenge of Globali;2004, p291
The article lists the contributors of the book "Governing Under Stress: Middle Powers & the Challenge of Globalization" which includes Alejandro Alvarez, Paul Bowles, and Janine Brodie.