Sun, Wind & Fuel Cells
- NYIT/USMMA DEDICATE "AMERICA'S FIRST SOLAR-HYDROGEN HOME.". // Industrial Environment;Aug2006, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the dedication of a solar-powered home created by the New York Institute of Technology as America's First Solar-Hydrogen Home during a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA) in Kings Point, New York. The solar-hydrogen fuel cell house will...
- District Provides Renewable Alternatives. Gordon, Aaron // Washington Informer;8/20/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 45, p20
The article discusses the energy renewable opportunities in solar power, fuel cell energy generation, and water saving devices by DC Housing Authority (DCHA). The article also discusses the importance of providingresidents with access to renewable energy.
- Renewable energy: Winds of change. Bequette, France // UNESCO Courier;May98, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the use of renewable energy resources. Demographic pressures on using renewable energy resources; Potential of wind power; Description of solar power technology. INSET: 'Energies for the world'.
- Lighter shade of green. Partridge, Chris // Environmental Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including why renewable energy is not the answer to rising carbon dioxide levels, the importance of reducing carbon dioxide to avert climate change, and declining cost of solar energy.
- Development of a Novel Strategy to Improve the Operation of an Environmentally Friendly Energy System Based on Photovoltaics and Fuel Cells. Zerhouni, F. Z.; Zegrar, M.; Benmessaoud, M. T.; Boudghene, S. A.; Midoun, A. // Journal of the Association of Arab Universities for Basic & Appl;2008, Vol. 6, p14
In this present work, a hybrid system, particularly a photovoltaic fuel cell one, in Algeria, is studied. The fuel cell power supply is a very attractive option to be used with an intermittent power generation source like PV power because the fuel cell power system is characterized with many...
- TIME MACHINE. Saelinger, Tracy // Popular Mechanics;Feb2006, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on issues related to use of renewable energy. In 1981, there were many homeowners who switched to innovations like solar panels to lower their energy bills. This technique is used even today. The initial cost of green hardware can be prohibitive. However this recent interest...
- Harnessing Energy Never Looked So Good. // Buildings;Jun2011, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on developments in technology on renewable energy. Researchers at the University of Michigan (UM) discover a method that could bring down solar costs. At the Los Alamos National Laboratory, scientists have found a combination of inexpensive materials, such as carbon, iron,...
- California Jail Explores Sustainable Energy. Leone, Lisa // Corrections Today;Oct2006, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on a fuel cell with a rooftop solar system unveiled at Santa Rita Jail in Alameda County, California on August 10, 2006. The new energy source will not produce harmful emissions and will save the jail more than $260,000 a year. It is designed to last 25 years and works by...
- Marin County Leads by Example. // Solar Today;May/Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p19
Announces the effort of Marin County to power one of its maintenance buildings using solar energy in California. Commitment of the county to environmentally friendly projects and energy-savings programs; Goal of the county to reduce emissions; power usage and energy costs; Plan of the county to...