- Campaign `reform' bill tilts toward Democrats. // Human Events;7/3/93, Vol. 53 Issue 27, p7
Discusses the ramifications of the campaign `reform' bill passed by the Senate. Lukewarm reception; Elimination mostly of direct public financing; Candidate's spending limits; Measure tending to tilt toward Democrats; Favoring Big Labor; Banning of the use of voluntarily donated party `soft' money.
- Senate deems campaign finance bill constitutional. // Human Events;7/3/93, Vol. 53 Issue 27, p18
Reports on the Senate deliberation on the campaign reform finance bill. Rejection of a constitutional point of order brought against the bill by Senator Mitch McConnell; McConnell's challenge on the bill's denial of tax exemption; 1976 Buckley v. Valeo case; Argument for the bill by senator...
- Senate passes campaign finance `reform'. // Human Events;7/3/93, Vol. 53 Issue 27, p18
Reports on the passing of the campaign finance reform bill by the American Senate. 60 to 38 votes; Provisions on spending limits for congressional campaigns; Federal funding to candidates; Ban on PAC contributions; Tax on the campaigns of candidates; Democrats and Republicans who voted for and...
- A Double Take. // Current Events;4/27/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 24, p2
Focuses on the approval of the United States Senate of the campaign finance reform bill. Sponsors of the controversial bill; Ban on the giving of soft money to political candidates; Speculation on the possibility for politicians to find loopholes in the new regulation.
- Senate spurns Democrats' campaign reform proposal. // Human Events;7/12/96, Vol. 52 Issue 26, p22
Notes how the Senate rejected a Democratic campaign finance bill on a roll call vote on June 25, 1996. Pattern of voting by Republicans and Democrats; Reasons for the bill's rejection.
- Senate Passes McCain Bill Limiting Political Speech. // Human Events;04/09/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 14, p23
Focuses on an April 2001 United States Senate vote to approve the McCain-Feingold Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act imposing new restrictions on campaign contributions and political spending. Terms under the bill; List of senators who voted for and against the bill.
- Senate fails to end filibuster of campaign finance `Reform' bill. // Human Events;10/7/94, Vol. 50 Issue 38, p23
Presents the Senate's rollcall votes on a cloture motion on the Campaign Finance Reform bill (S 3). Arguments for and against the cloture motion; Passage of the cloture motion.
- Feel-good laws and policies are behind many of the disasters of our time. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/09/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p30
Discusses the prospects of the campaign finance reform bill proposed by Senators John McCain and Russ Feingold, for becoming law following its passage at the United States Senate. Talk-show host Rush Limbaugh and Congressman Charles Rangel's assessment of the issue; Reasons why campaign finance...
- SENATE APPROVES BAN ON 'SOFT' MONEY. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;4/11/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 15, p9
Reports that the United States Senate has approved legislation that would ban unregulated campaign fund contributions or soft money. Issues concerning unregulated campaign contributions; Addition of a provision to raise the maximum amount of contributions; Views of the chemical industry in the...