- Literacy: A family affair. // Reading Today;Apr/May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p28
Features the brochure `What Is Family Literacy? Getting Involved in Your Child's Literacy Learning,' by the International Reading Association's Family Literacy Committee. Contents of the brochure.
- Relax, Refresh, Rejuvenate. Marcoux, Elizabeth "Betty"; Loertscher, David // Teacher Librarian;Jun2010, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses reports published within the issue including one by Rosemary chance on family literacy programs, an interview with Brehm-Heeger with American Library Association president Camila Alire, and an article by Sydne Cohen about integrating learning commons concepts into school...
- Family Literacy Programs--Opportunities and Possibilities. Chance, Rosemary // Teacher Librarian;Jun2010, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses the development of family literacy programs in school libraries. A definition of family literacy is presented and the benefits of increased family literacy on parental involvement in their children's education are explored. Components of family literacy programs are...
- The teacher-librarian as school principal: A natural... Haycock, Ken // Emergency Librarian;May/Jun92, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on the roles and responsibilities of teacher-librarian in administration. How teacher-librarians are no different from others in education or librarianship who accept challenges of greater responsibility; Five major areas of responsibilities of school administrator; Administrative tasks...
- Computer resource teacher! Bream, Elizabeth // Emergency Librarian;May/Jun92, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p23
Opinion. Presents the author's view about the similarities of responsibilities of teacher-librarian and computer resource teacher. Author's description of his work as a computer resource teacher; Random list of tasks of the teacher-librarian that prepared the author for the job of computer...
- Evaluation of the teacher-librarian: A discussion guide. Haycock, Ken // Emergency Librarian;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the evaluation of a teacher-librarian (TL). Two significant components of a TL evaluation; Framework of a teacher-librarian evaluation; General considerations in evaluating a teacher-librarian; Role of TL on the nine areas of competence.
- Teaching library research: Are we preparing students for... Wesley, Threasa // Emergency Librarian;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p23
Discusses about the primary role of a teacher-librarian (TL) in preparing students to be effective members of an information society. What shall teacher-librarian teach to students; Planning a research strategy; Steps on planning a research; Summary.
- what can teacher-librarians do to promote their work and the school library media program? keep everyone in the loop: constant advocacy. Hand, Dorcas // Teacher Librarian;Dec2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p26
The article presents a list of recommendations on steps that teacher-librarians can take to promote their programs including to provide documentation on the relationship that library programs have with test scores, to ask for testimonials from teachers relating to the impact that...
- Getting Connected in a Connected World. MILLER, SHANNON MCCLINTOCK // School Library Monthly;May/Jun2014, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p31
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of working as teacher librarian of the Van Meter Community School of Van Meter, Iowa.