Wire-free trams -- an environmental advantage?
- Improved Control Strategy for Microgrid Ultracapacitor Energy Storage Systems. Xiaobo Dou; Xiangjun Quan; Zaijun Wu; Minqiang Hu; Jianlong Sun; Kang Yang; Minhui Xu // Energies (19961073);2014, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p8095
Ultracapacitors (UCs), with their features of high power density and high current charge-discharge, have become the best choice for dynamic power compensation to improve the stability of microgrids and are increasingly being applied in microgrids. This paper presents the control of an energy...
- Gurgaon contract. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2013, Vol. 169 Issue 9, p15
The article reports that Siemens received a 70 million euros turnkey contract from IL&FS Rail to supply electrification, signaling and rolling stock for the 6.5 kilometers Gurgaon metro Phase II extension.
- THE SUCCESS OF ENERGY STORAGE IS ALL IN THE TIMING. DeDad, John // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Oct2003, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p50
Delves into the issue of power quality and storage technology. Discussion of the battery technology; Analysis of flywheels; History and development of fuel cells; Future prospects of energy storage technology. INSET: Tale of the "Nines".
- Siemens offers full service capabilities. // Modern Railways;Jul2008 Supplement, Vol. 65, p50
The article relates the interest of electrical company Siemens in the electrification of the rail industry in Great Britain. Accordingly, the company has been in the market since 1998 as a supplier of electrification products. Comments from Bernd Dumke, the company's general manager, are also...
- Banedanmark selects electrification contractor. // Railway Gazette International;Jun2015, Vol. 171 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on a consortium of general infrastructure contractor Aarsleff and engineering firm Siemens that has been selected by Dutch infrastructure manager Banedanmark as preferred bidder to undertake the first phase of its national electrification programme. Topics covered include the...
- SIEMENS FOR SUBSTATIONS. // Modern Railways;Nov2016, Vol. 73 Issue 818, p22
The article reports that Siemens Rail Electrification has received a contract from British railroad company Network Rail to deliver power supply enhancements on the Sussex Route, which includes design, installation, and communizing of new power supply equipment in substations across Sussex.
- "Revolutionary" Grid Connection for Offshore Wind Turbines Unveiled. Patel, Sonal // Power;Dec2015, Vol. 159 Issue 12, p7
The article informs that a potentially game-changing technology has been introduced by Siemens, the only provider of direct-current (DC) offshore wind connection projects, in October 2015 to enable cheaper and simpler grid connection of wind turbines. Topics discussed include 13 offshore grid...
- Test Platform for Hybrid Electric Vehicle with the Super Capacitor Based Energy Storage. Cheng, Y.; Van Mierlo, J.; Lataire, P. // International Review of Electrical Engineering;May/Jun2008, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p466
The strategies of energy sources control and management strongly affect the lifetime of power supply system, the performance and the global efficiency of hybrid vehicles. On-roll and on-road tests are not always possible to thoroughly test each subsystem. Therefore, a test bench of hybrid...
- Better metrics for comparing new energy storage technologies? // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;May2012, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on the paper "Valuing Reversible Energy Storage," by John Miller about an approach to making flexible graphene electrochemical capacitors for energy storage. Miller thinks that energy storage technology capacities are reported as specific energies. He concludes that the cost...