- IDEA IN PRACTICE. Klotz, Mary Beth // Communique (0164775X);2011, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the issuance of a letter offering titled "Dear Colleague" by the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights (OCR) which details guidance to schools for incidents of bullying and harassment. It notes that the letter outlines how student misconduct falls under...
- Exiting Official Made Anti-Bullying a Priority. Shah, Nirvi // Education Week;6/15/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p22
The article reports on the departure of Kevin Jennings from his position as head of the U.S. Department of Education's office of safe and drug-free schools in June 2011. Emphasis is given to his promotion of bullying-prevention measures in schools. Also discussed are his work founding the Gay,...
- Government looks set to toughen guidelines on school exclusions. Gillen, Sally // Community Care;1/31/2002, Issue 1407, p18
Focuses on the reaction of education specialists to the anti-exclusion guidelines imposed by the British government concerning school bullies. Content of the guidance; Focus of the government, according to the Department for Education and Skills; Confusion created by the guidelines;...
- FROM THE EDITOR Civility Wars. Cook, Glenn // American School Board Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 198 Issue 10, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including school bullying, the educational programs Rachel's Challenge and Trevor Romain, and anti-bullying policy.
- DfES launches guidance on mobile phone bullies. // Education (14637073);8/16/2002, Issue 67, pN.PAG
Presents news briefs related to education in Great Britain as of August 16, 2002. Launching of a guidance on the use of mobile telephones in bullying in schools; Details of the findings of some research on education, particularly on the use of information and communications technology.
- Erase which bullying? BARSOTTI, NATASHA // Xtra West (Vancouver);11/1/2012, Issue 501, p8
The article offers the critical insights of educator Glen Hansman regarding the Erase Bullying program of British Columbia which was formulated to address homophobia in schools.
- Dept. of Ed to survey on anti-LGB bullying. // Windy City Times;7/17/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p8
The article offers information on imparting anti-LGB bullying in the Office of Civil Rights Data collection of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Protecting Oregon's Students. Geffen, Malka // Just Out;5/19/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p19
The article reports on the enforcement of anti-bullying policy in the school districts of Oregon. It has been put into law by the legislature in 2001 stating to prohibit harassment, intimidation and bullying in school districts. Izzy Kalman, a psychologist and psychotherapist argues on the...
- Select Committee Report. // Education Parliamentary Monitor;Jun2007, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p372
The article presents proceedings of discussion on the report on bullying within Great Britain's House of Commons Select Committee on Education and Skills. The report, which was written by the Department for Education and Skills (DfES), includes assessment of issues related to school discipline...