Bullying Behaviors Among US Youth
- Bully, bully. Leo, John // U.S. News & World Report;05/21/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 20, p15
Offers observations on a study of bullying in the United States. Problem that the study takes harmless or minor things that ordinary children do and turns them into examples of bullying; Survey methods and results; View that rumors and dirty looks and putting up with horrible classmates are all...
- Abstracts. ALLISON, SHEILA // Youth Studies Australia;Mar2013, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p63
The article presents abstracts on research reports of youth issues including antisocial and aggressive behavior of youth, education and mental heath of young people.
- Bullying & violence. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Jun2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
Presents the booklet `Raising Resilient Young People,' by Andrew Fuller. Advice to parents on how to handle youth problems; Bullying; Academic and emotional pressures.
- Adolescent Participation in Hazardous Activities: Identifying High Risk Groups and Implications for Intervention Policies. Burns, William J. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p176
Reviews research studies dealing with adolescent participation in hazardous activities. Adolescent risk perceptions; Young male alcohol consumption; Alcohol related risk taking among teenagers.
- Adolescents Perception of Risk: Understanding and Preventing High Risk Behavior. Severson, Herbert H.; Slovic, Paul // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p177
Describes a method for measuring risk perception in adolescents. Multiple risk behavior; Studies on risk perception.
- Alcohol-Related Risk Taking Among Teenagers: An Investigation of Contributing Factors and a Discussion of How Marketing Principles Can Help. Burns, William J.; Hampson, Sarah E. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p183
Investigates the role of risk perceptions and personality in adolescents' participation in alcohol-related risk-taking using covariance structure modeling. Variables directly affecting participation; Personality characteristics; Social marketing framework; Strategies to reduce alcohol-related...
- Gentlemen, guard your tongues. Fuller, Patty // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/27/93, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p38
Describes the Adolescents at Risk of Violent Futures program, brainchild of the Calgary Women's Emergency Shelter. Adolescents at Risk targets youths who were abused as children or were identified as having abusive personalities, then acquaints them with politically correct views on gender...
- The results are in. // Current Health 2;Sep92, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
Gives results of `Current Health 2's' September 1991 Health Attitude and Behavior Survey. Gender and age of participants; Concern about one's weight; Skipping meals; Complex carbohydrates; Milk consumption; Favorite snacks, such as fruit; Cholesterol and dietary iron; Amount of sleep and...
- Young children's idiom comprehension: Trying to get the picture. Abkarian, G. G.; Jones, Alison; West, Gretchen // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Jun92, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p580
Presents a study in which young children (3.5-6.5 years of age) were tested for their comprehension of 10 common idioms in context and no-context conditions. Development of idiom competence; Methods; Results; Discussion.