Alternative? Yes; 'Unfriendly'? Think again
- New renewable energy model combines solar, bio-gas and H2. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;5/31/2015, p55
The article discusses the creation of a renewable energy model which aims to combine biomass energy, solar power, and hydrogen to provide uninterrupted power supply which is funded by Research Councils Great Britain and the Indian Institutes of Technology at Madras and Bombay.
- U.S. Chamber regrets Senate rejection of Keystone XL pipeline legislation. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jan2015, Special section p28
The article reflects on a statement by Karen Harbert, president of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Institute for 21st Century Energy regarding the U.S. Senator's vote on legislation for the approval of Keystone XL pipelines and aim of the chamber to unify policymakers, businessmen, and regulators.
- US Chamber Exec Sees Energy Sector as Industry With Solutions. HOHMANN, GEORGE // State Journal (WV);10/2/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p5
No abstract available.
- Germany Plugs into Renewable Energy. // C3 Views;Apr2009, Issue 27, p4
The article focuses on the efforts of Germany into the renewable energy arena. Jeffrey Michel, an electrical engineer and energy researcher, says Germany now accounts for about half the world's solar production and is proving that going green can be cost effective and generate positive economic...
- Green nations. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug2003, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p82
Reports on the transition to the use of renewable energy sources in various countries. Development of wind power in Spain; Biomass and fuel-cell industries in Germany; Reduction of oil and gas dependence in Japan; Biomass, fuel-cell and solar cell developments in the U.S.; Use of solar...
- Renewable Energy Effort: Our Opportunity Is Now. Isely, Paul; Singh, Hari // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/9/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p36
The article focuses on the need for the development of renewable energy sources in Michigan. It mentions that the lack of dependable local renewable energy sources tend to increase risks to businesses in Michigan of greater price variability. It states that the renewable energy portfolio for...
- China, Japan and Korea Cooperate in Renewable Energy Field. // China Chemical Reporter;9/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p11
The article reports on the initiative of China, Japan and Korea on establishing a cooperation of science and technology for solar energy, wind energy and biomass energy. With this, there are three sides cooperation that will present a desirable prospect and this cooperation should start from...
- MIDDLE EAST LOOKING AT RENEWABLE ENERGY TO MEET ITS GROWING DEMANDS FOR POWER. Srinivasan, V. L. // Energy Future (2278-7186);Apr-Jun2013, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on the alternative energy movement in the Middle East to meet their growing energy demand, which is through renewable energy (RE). It mentions several RE sources including wind, solar, and biomass resources. It says that solar power is a viable energy source in the Middle...
- Renewable Energy Technologies A Viable Solution For The Development Of Rural Areas. // Economic Review (05318955);Dec2010, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p47
The article offers information on the use of renewable energy technologies in Pakistan. It reports on the renewable energy sources in the country including solar, wind, and biomass energy. It discusses the use of photovoltaic (PV) and solar thermal which converts solar energy into electricity....