Facing the Facebook Nation: Will Social Networking Sites Help or Hinder Good Business Communications?
- The Truth about Social Networking, Web 2.0, and Recruiting. Love, Scott // Fordyce Letter;Jul2009, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p3
The article focuses on the effectiveness and significance of Web 2.0 in business. It states that Web 2.0 allows people to communicate themselves available with social media. It notes that Web 2.0 is designed on permission for marketing and recruiting that allow people who want to hear about...
- Social Networking 2.0: How Organizations Are Using Social Networking as a Competitive Differentiator. Oleksak, Joe // Illinois Banker;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p26
The article offers information on how businesses are using social networks to get ahead of their competitors. It informs that businesses are using social media for a variety of processes including recruitment, internal communication, and brand building. It is also noted that social media should...
- In today's finely tuned job market, job hunters should pitch for niches. Culp, Mildred L. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/14/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 28, pP13
In this article, the author focuses on the changing trends of employers in recruiting and also reveals that in the current growth of social networking and open job market, employers are niche-oriented in their recruiting.
- Social Recruiting. ARELLANO, JONAH // Rural Telecom;Feb2011, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p9
The article reveals that most companies use or plan to use social networks as a recruiting tool in 2011 according to Jobvite's 2010 Social Recruiting Survey.
- You're hiring in a fishbowl. Malcolm, John W. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p139
Presents advice on effective communication during the recruitment process. Importance of knowledge of one's company; Knowledge of what colleagues and direct reports expect; Creation of relationships with key candidates; Sharing of long-term vision for the company upfront; Provision of the...
- REDES SOCIALES Y RECURSOS HUMANOS. Palomares, Fernando // Revista de ComunicaciÃ³n (1888198X);2009, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p10
This article examines the importance of social networks for employee recruitment and business communications. In reference to an article published in the October 2008 edition of the journal titled "Las redes sociales desembarcan en la empresa," the author analyzes the implementation of intranet...
- Luxury Talent's premium arena. // Recruiter;3/23/2011, p7
The article reports on the premium application-only job site offered by Luxury Talent, an online recruitment network for the luxury market in Great Britain in 2011.
- Social media misuse to spur tribunal claims. Cottell, Colin // Recruiter;9/1/2010, p6
The article reports that recruiters will face Employment Tribunals (ETs) over misuse of social networking sites.
- Zunehmend wichtig fÃ¼r Recruiting. // Die Bank;sep2012, Issue 9, p76
The article discusses managers' use of social network such as Xing, Facebook, and LinkedIn, primarily for recruitment purposes.