More Money in Politics, Now!
- Do Campaign Finance Laws Make a Difference? Drage, Jennifer // State Legislatures;Sep2000, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p22
Discusses the impact of campaign finance reform on state elections in the United States. Impact of laws on contribution limits on statewide and legislative elections; Information on disclosure of campaign contributions and expenditures; Advantages of electronic filing; Details on the Clean...
- High court ruling may have huge impact on 2010 races. Wilson, Reid // Hill;9/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 98, p4
The article reports on the Supreme Court hearing of Citizens United versus Federal Election Commission on the case to overturn key elements of campaign finance law that prevent corporate spending on elections.
- "Campaign Finance Reform in the American States: The Impact of Contribution Limits on Citizen Behavior and Constitutional Rights,". // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Winter2002, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p38
Abstracts a paper on state campaign finance and elections presented at the Conference of the State of the States at Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, March 2 to 3, 2001. 'Campaign Finance Reform in the American States: The Impact of Contribution Limits on Citizen Behavior and...
- Money Goes to...Money? Dumiak, Michael // U.S. Banker;Oct2002, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the financial aspects of the mid-term elections to be held in the U.S. in November 2002. Financial services firms' participation in fundraising efforts by political action committees; Insurance company Hartford's interest in local politics; Soft money contributions made by finance...
- Bailout benefits who now and later? Linden, Jack // Free Press (Buda, TX);12/17/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 37, p4A
The article presents the author's view concerning the issues about campaigns and campaign funds in the U.S.
- The green wave. Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;11/09/96, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p2410
Focuses on demands for reform concerning campaign finance in the United States, following the 1996 election outcome. History of the campaign fund-raising efforts of both the Democratic and Republican parties; Irony behind the explosion of soft money to buttress the presidential campaign;...
- PLENTY OF DEEP POCKETS FOR SOFT MONEY. Mullins, Brody; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;3/03/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p640
Discusses the weariness felt by individuals, corporations and organizations after donating soft money to political candidates. Amount of soft money contributed in the United States during the 2000 election; Opposition of reform advocates on soft money contributions; Why companies give soft money...
- Your vote is worth a lot of money. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;11/3/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p0006
The author asserts that there is little or no money being spent on candidates for many local and regional offices in the U.S. as voters start to participate in the 2014 elections.
- Countdown to Nov. 3: A primer. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;09/07/98, Vol. 128 Issue 37, p18
Features the lawmakers in the United States slated to run for office on November 3, 1998. Campaign funds.