Ban Alaskan oil exports--and protect US consumers
- ANWR: Oil Patch, Or Briar Patch? // Environmental Forum;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p20
Presents an excerpt of the article by columnist Paul Krugman of the 'New York Times' which criticizes the plan of U.S. President George W. Bush to drilll for petroleum in the Arctic tundra region of Alaska.
- Statement on Senate Action To Allow for Environmentally Responsible Energy Exploration in a Small Part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/21/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p456
Presents a statement issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on March 16, 2005 regarding Senate action to allow for environmentally responsible energy exploration in a small part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Importance of a reliable domestic supply of energy to U.S....
- Unions Support Bush on Alaska Drilling. Freddoso, David // Human Events;3/4/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p5
Reports on support given by labor unions, Alaskan Eskimos and the state of Alaska to the plan of U.S. President George W. Bush for oil exploration in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR). Objective of the plan for oil exploration in ANWR; Estimate on the amount of oil reserves that...
- Redford calls for refuge protection. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jul2001, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p11
Discusses an electronic mail written by conservationist Robert Redford calling for people to voice their concern over United States President George W. Bush's plan to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to potential massive oil development. Concern expressed by Redford.
- EVANS & NOVAK. Novak, Robert // Human Events;3/28/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p9
Presents an update on U.S. politics and government as of March 28, 2005. Success of the administration of President George W. Bush to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska for oil exploration; Failure of the Republicans to direct in government entitlement programs; Collaboration...
- ANWR Battle Continues Despite Senate's Failure to End Filibuster. // American Gas;Jun2002, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the action of the administration of President George W. Bush on natural gas and oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Prevention of the plan by the Senate; Improvement of the energy bill; Purpose of the energy legislation.
- TAPPING PRISTINE TERRITORIES. Kriz, Margaret // National Journal;1/1/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 1/2, p27
Reveals that the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush has greater chance to realize its plan to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska to oil drilling and exploration. Opposition of environmentalists to plans of oil drilling and exploration in the ANWR; Importance...
- Arctic Refuge Survives Another Year of Scheming. // Wilderness Society's Quarterly Newsletter;Winter2002/2003, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on U.S. President George W. Bush's emphasis in his energy policy on oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Consequences of drilling in wilderness areas; Features of a nation's energy policy.
- DRAWING BOARD. Tomorrow, Tom // American Prospect;6/3/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p40
Presents an article in cartoon format about U.S. President George W. Bush's campaign against terrorism. Replacement term for suicide bombers; Social security fundraising; Plan for the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.