- The world. Hanson, Cynthia; Roberts, Vic // Christian Science Monitor;12/31/97, Vol. 90 Issue 25, p2
Presents world news briefs for December 31, 1997. Vote counting after elections in Kenya; China and South Africa to establish diplomatic ties for the first time; The dispersement of a student rally in Kosovo, Serbia by riot police; Other briefs.
- Etceteras. // Christian Science Monitor;12/31/97, Vol. 90 Issue 25, p2
Relates interesting stories from around the world for December 31, 1997. The young boy who was left at a gas station in London after he slipped out of his mother's car during a trip to find candy at a gas station; The students in Ray Greco's 11-th grade science class in Butler, Pennsylvania who...
- The world. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;5/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 126, p2
Presents news briefs from various parts of the world as reported on May 27, 1997. What French Prime Minister, Alain Juppe said concerning elections there; Public demonstrations and activities of political parties banned by Congo's government; Meeting between Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak and...
- The world. Kilborn, Robert; Carden, Lance // Christian Science Monitor;6/9/97, Vol. 89 Issue 135, p2
Presents news from around the world for June 8-9, 1997. Israeli officials in Egypt for peace talks with the Palestinians; United Nations officials to investigate if Laurent Kabila's troops killed Hutu refugees in Zaire; Irish Prime Minister John Bruton's defeated in general elections.
- World. Kilborn, Robert; Cook, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;5/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 120, p20
Presents news briefs on international topics as of May 16, 2001, including the deaths of four people as a result of violence in the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- etc... Kilborn, Robert; Cook, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;5/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 120, p20
Presents news briefs on a variety of topics as of May 16, 2001, including high school students who will make prom outfits out of duct tape.
- World briefs. // National Catholic Reporter;10/16/98, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p11
Presents news briefs around the world regarding Catholicism. Beatification of Cardinal Alojzije Stepinac and the celebration of the anniversary of Split, Croatia; Opponents of women priests in the Church of England; Confessions made by the Dalai Lama's Tibetan exile organization.
- History in the Media. // History Today;May2002, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p10
Presents news important to historians and archaeologists as of May 2002. Authenticity of the controversial diaries detailing homosexual acts of an Irish republican hanged for treason in 1916; Plans to locate and recover coins and other valuables which has lain on the seabed of the Tay estuary...
- News to us. // Ralph;May2003, p46
Presents news briefs around the world as of May 2003. Difficulty faced by a Norwegian furniture salesman in verifying his insurance claim after his car was damaged by a flying sofa; Arrest of a Texan burglar who broke into a furniture shop after he fell asleep on a display bed; Prison sentence...
- Around the world in a month. // Nature Biotechnology;Nov2012, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p1019
The article offers world news brief as of November 2012 on topics including donations by Puerto Rico residents, technological innovation programs in Argentina and clinical research in Denmark.