INFORMATION LITERACY: Competency Standards for Higher Education
- An opportunity for us. Brindley, Lynne // Information World Review;Mar2001, Issue 167, p10
Comments on the impact of information technology on society. Views on information literacy; Increase in demand for computer skills in the workforce; Importance of information literacy.
- Learner-centred information literacy initiatives in Higher Education. // Journal of Information Literacy;Jun2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one that interprets information literacy as a more holistic process of information problem solving, one on learner-centered information literacy practices using LibGuides to direct undergraduate students, and one on the...
- Recent Trends in Information Literacy and Instruction. Arp, Lori; Woodard, Beth S. // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Winter2002, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p124
Focuses on several issues related to information literacy and instruction, as of 2002. Emergence of standards and guidelines in the field of instruction; Discussion on the changing definitions of information literacy; Impact of the digital age on teaching and learning.
- Educate the Educators. Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;Summer2001 Net Connect, Vol. 126 Issue 11, p2
Offers observations on the importance of information literacy in a library setting. Difficulty of finding information which is theoretically available electronically; Dependence of librarians on the ability of searchers to articulate their needs; Suggestion that information literacy should be...
- From the Editor. // Louisiana Libraries;Winter2010, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses an article on information literacy, instructional methods in developing critical thinking skills and practices in information technology.
- LIBRARIES AND INFORMATION LITERACY SURVEY ANALYSIS. Ellis, Kathleen V. // Independent School;Summer2001, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p14
Analyzes libraries and information literacy in independent schools. Purpose of the survey; Role of library media specialists; Status of information technology in school curricula; Recommendations of respondents for the administrators.
- Literacy in (and for) Our Time: A Conversation. Serim, Ferdi; Murray, Janet // Multimedia Schools;May/Jun2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the significance of contemporary literacy in improving student achievement and promoting quality learning. Information on the book 'Information Technology for Learning: No School Left Behind'; Role of library media specialists in the development of information literacy; Recommended...
- Acquiring knowledge. McLelland, Dorothy; Crawford, John // Information Scotland;Feb2004, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p14
Describes the Drumchapel Project, a study of the information and communication technologies sector (ICT) skills of school pupils, conducted by Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland in 2004. Partners in the project; Discussion of a study carried out by the Research, Economic and Corporate...
- myths and magic in embedding information literacy skills. Thompson, Mal // English in Aotearoa;Jul2014, Issue 83, p20
The article discusses several strategies to build information literacy skills in students and also reveals myths regarding the information literacy. Topics discussed include lack of use of information literacy standards in schools, encouragement for students to use electronic information...