Global Warming Is Here to Stay
- Global Warming. // UN Chronicle;1997, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p12
Discusses the global efforts made by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change to combat global warming. History on the creation of framework convention; Goal of the convention; Berlin Mandate process; Key issues in the text of the Berlin Mandate for review of governments in June...
- How Clinton plans to sell the global warming treaty. Byfield, Mike // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/03/97, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p14
Focuses on the scheduled global warming conference in Kyoto, Japan. Features of the treaty; Effects to carbon dioxide outputs; The economic burden to fall on agreeing nations; Explanations from the American Petroleum Institute; The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change; Measures proposed by...
- Leaked report says climate scientists now see higher projected temperatures. Ayres, Ed // World Watch;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p11
Details the revisions made by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change on its forecasts of global warming. Increased projections of the earth's likely temperature increases in the 21st century; Probable causes of the increased temperature projections.
- Experts blow cold on climate claims. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;11/11/95, Vol. 148 Issue 2003, p5
Reports on the holding of a meeting by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in Madrid, Spain on November 27, 1995 to study claims about the impact of human activity on global warming. Reported development of computer models that could mimic accurately climatic trends.
- Heading for apocalypse? Lemonick, Michael D.; Bjerklie, David // Time;10/2/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 14, p54
Reports that the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), a respected United Nations-sponsored body has said that global warming is already underway. Possible effects of global warning such as the rise in sea levels, warmer winters, with uneven distribution, and other worst case scenarios;...
- What If Everything You Knew About Projected Global Warming Was Wrong? FISHMAN, MIKKEL // Moderate Voice;1/14/2011, p9
A blog from Mikkel Fishman, Economics Editor, related to the role of Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in global warming is presented.
- How much do we need to know? Murphy, Michael E. // America;5/9/1998, Vol. 178 Issue 16, p7
Assesses the state of scientific research on the global warming. Formation of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC); IPCC reports on international cooperation efforts in response to the situation; Computer projections on the global warming trend.
- Global warming rows. // Nature;11/23/1995, Vol. 378 Issue 6555, p322
Opinion. Analyzes the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) effectiveness in dealing with data on global warming. `Nature' magazine's stand on the effect of carbon dioxide accumulation and greenhouse gases; Allegations of denying access to data to bonafide scientists.
- Climate group rejects criticism of warnings. Verrall, Maggie // Nature;9/22/1994, Vol. 371 Issue 6495, p274
Reports on the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) conclusions on global warming. Policy recommendations; Rejection of claims of critics; Implications of the IPCC report; Cooperation of various countries.
- New IPCC report set to confirm earlier warming conclusions. // Nature;9/21/1995, Vol. 377 Issue 6546, p189
Reports that human activity is playing a significant role in global warming according to the Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change. Variation between the detailed patterns of the warming observed and model projections.