Medicare Advantage: An Overview
- Medicare modifies ACO rules. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare Executive;Dec2011, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p34
The article reports on the regulations revised by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama to encourage hospitals, physicians and other health care providers to create accountable care organizations (ACOs) which will improve care and lower costs for Medicare beneficiaries in the U.S.
- FINDINGS. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2002, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p63
Provides information on various issues related to medical care in the U.S. as of October 2002. Links between volume and outcomes in all medical procedures; Problems experienced by Medicare seniors in their medical care access; Significance of clinical quality to consumers.
- White House: Preventive care helps millions. Pecquet, Julian // Hill;2/16/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p14
The article focuses on two reports from the U.S. administration, which indicate that nearly 86 million Americans availed the healthcare reform law's prevention benefits for Medicare beneficiaries and people with private insurance, in 2011.
- Protecting Medicare's low-income beneficiaries. Pollack, Ron // Hill;2/12/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p18
The article focuses on the Medicare services for low-income beneficiaries in the U.S.
- New 2009 Federal Poverty Levels will Affect Eligibility for Many Federal Health Programs. // Aging News Alert;2/6/2009, p6
The article informs that eligibility levels for many public benefits, including health benefits for older people and people with disabilities, will be affected by the new U.S. federal poverty level (FPL) guidelines published on January 23, 2009. According to new guidelines, states will be...
- Value-Based Purchasing Program Part II. Ferman, John H. // Healthcare Executive;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p64
The article discusses the applicability of the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (HVBP) program in the U.S. to hospitals, its exchange function, proposed notification and review procedures and proposed validation requirements. It emphasizes that the program is applicable to all inpatient,...
- Study: Specialty heart hospitals are seen as driving procedures. // Cardiovascular Device Update;Apr2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p25
The article discusses research being done on the quality and efficiency of care at specialty cardiac hospitals in the U.S. It references a study published in the March 7, 2007 issue of the "Journal of the American Medical Association." The study examines Medicare beneficiaries and indicates that...
- Wasteful care substantial and widespread in the US. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;May2014, Vol. 703 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses research by A. L. Schwartz and colleagues which found that Medicare beneficiaries in the U.S. commonly receive care which is likely to be of minimal or no benefit.
- Medicare treatment prone to errors. // Marketing Health Services;Summer2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the results of a study sponsored by the Federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the National Institute on Aging on drug-related injuries of Medicare patients. Statistics on adverse drug events (ADE) are presented. The study found that over half of preventable...