Civilians Under Siege
- A greener future for Palestine? G.S. // Earth Island Journal;Winter93/94, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p24
Provides an overview on the environmental and social conditions Palestine. Lack of sewer lines; Destruction of the fishing industry by the Israeli occupation; International aid for Palestinians under the Israeli-Palestinian agreement.
- South Africa's Apartheid Experience Informs Israel-Palestine Discussion at Durban Racism Conference. Williams, Ian // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Nov2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p27
Focuses on the government policies toward Palestinians as a form of apartheid in Israel. Theme of the Durban World Conference; Issue of South African apartheid; Reasons of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
- Holy Land Roadblocks. Fletcher, Elaine Ruth // Christianity Today;04/23/2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p22
Deals with a Christian pilgrimage in Holy Land, Jerusalem, which illustrated the indignities of Jerusalem's Palestinian residents suffer at the hands of Israeli authorities in the city of their birth. Information on the Christian conference on the Palestine issue that took place in Jerusalem in...
- Growing movement confronts Israel. Harrison, Stu // Green Left Weekly;1/27/2010, Issue 823, p20
The article focuses on the report entitled 23 Days of War, 928 Days of Closure which was released by the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) concerning the impact of the illegal closure of borders in Gaza by the authorities of Israeli and the sufferings of Palestinian with regards to...
- A House Is a Home. Jabr, Samah; Mayfield, Betsy // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p13
Relates the views of a Palestinian Jerusalemite on property rights in Jerusalem. Steps undertaken by families to establish a house; Actions of Israelis leading to the ruin of Palestinian homes; Establishment of a Palestinian sovereign government for peace between Israel and Palestine.
- Israeli Raid Heightens Tensions Over Gaza. Kingsbury, Alex // U.S. News Digital Weekly;6/4/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p5
The article reports on the impact of Turkish activists' attempt to trigger a response from Israel by establishing a fleet of six aid ships in Gaza. According to the author, Turkish activities also aim to attract international attention regarding the flight of Palestinians. The incident, he adds,...
- Horse trading on Mount Carmel. Watzman, Haim // New Scientist;2/3/96, Vol. 149 Issue 2015, p53
Examines the claims of Arab Israelis in the village of Ein Hud to a piece of the Mount Carmel National Park. History of the Arab settlement of Ein Hud; Israeli government's willingness to recognize Ein Hud after previously refusing to recognize the village after the 1948 war; Possibility that...
- Once There Is a Palestinian State, What Happens to The Galilee? Killgore, Andrew I. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Aug2000, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the status of Galilee after a Palestinian state is established. Prediction of local autonomy claims; Uncertainty of exact borders; Claims to improve the social condition; Demands to unite with Israel; Growth of alleged 'Palestinianism' based on the polls in Israel's Hebrew-language...
- The whole world isn't against us. Silow-Carroll, Andrew // New Jersey Jewish News;7/24/2014, Vol. 68 Issue 30, p20
The author reflects on public diplomacy in Israel also known as hasbara and media's portrayal of Israel and Palestinians.
- An internal intifada. Toameh, Khaled Abu // U.S. News & World Report;03/22/99, Vol. 126 Issue 11, p44
Describes riots by Palestinians in Rafah, in the Gaza Strip. Riots by Palestinian youths against Palestinian police; Riots due to a court verdict relating to the shooting death of a colonel in the Preventive Security Service; Views of the Palestinian Human Rights Monitoring Group; Number of...