- Welcome to the winter 2005-06 issue of CLEARING! Beutler, Larry // Clearing;Winter2005/2006, Issue 119, p2
The article introduces a series of articles on teaching about the environment, including global warming.
- Scientific debate. Therrien, Shawn // Science Teacher;Nov97, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p66
Opinion. Focuses on an evaluation by chemistry students while highlighting an evaluation pertaining to the teaching of global warming in science classes. Factors which influenced the integration; Materials and methodology used in the integration; Advantages of the integration to the students
- Teaching Information Skills: PERSPECTIVE. Pappas, Marjorie L. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Oct2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p25
Presents a guide to provide classroom lessons that focus on perspective on global warming. Resources; Recommended class project; Role of library media specialists in students' information gathering activity.
- We're All in This Together. Updegrove, Andrew // Standards Today;Jan-Apr2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including a focus on the danger that puts too much faith on the ability of science to help get more from less, another on a different type of sustainability standard that relates to another opportunity actively exploited by the...
- A tough climate for teachers. Liftig, Inez // Science Scope;Mar2012, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the approach and challenges for science teachers in teaching climate change.
- Junior Scholastic TEACHER'S EDITION Volume 107 Number 13, FEBRUARY 21, 2005. McCabe, Suzanne // Junior Scholastic (Teacher's Edition);2/21/2005, Vol. 107 Issue 13, p1
Presents a guide to teaching several topics to elementary students. Purpose of the elections in Iraq; in January 2005; Economic, social, political and environmental impact of global warming; Effect of the geography of Norway on the way of life of its people.
- GLOBAL WARMING. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);3/25/2002, Vol. 64 Issue 22, p2
Presents a lesson plan on global warming. Teaching objectives; Background on global warming.
- SCHOLASTIC NEWS TEACHER'S EDITION Vol. 74 No. 12, January 2, 2012. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);1/2/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 12, pT1
The article offers a guide for teachers to discussing the January 2, 2012 issue of "Scholastic News" magazine in the classroom. It outlines a procedure for teaching students to identify cause-and-effect relationships in a nonfiction article. It offers a background of Antarctica and global...
- GENERATING ARGUMENTS ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE. Golden, Barry; Grooms, Jonathon; Sampson, Victor; Oliveri, Robin // Science Scope;Mar2012, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p26
The article presents a lesson plan for teaching the science of climate change by helping middle school students make sense of scientific phenomena through fact-based debate.