THE NATURE AND EXPERIENCE OF ENTREPRENEURIAL PASSION
- Go For The Emotional Gold. Katz, Dian // Lesbian News;Oct2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p34
The author offers her insights on harnessing a person's emotions and mastering his or her greatest attributes. The author believes that mastering one's emotions allows a person to have the ability to focus. The author cites an example of not accomplishing a goal because of the lack of motivation...
- GOAL-DIRECTEDNESS AND PERSONAL IDENTITY AS CORRELATES OF LIFE OUTCOMES. Goldman, Barry M.; Masterson, Suzanne S.; Groth, Markus; Jensen, David G. // Psychological Reports;Aug2002, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p153
Assesses the influence of goal-directedness and personal identity on life outcomes. Correlation between goal directedness and marital satisfaction; Relationship between personal identity and job satisfaction; Importance of goal setting research in organizational psychology.
- Emotion Display as a Strategy for Identity Negotiation. Robinson, Dawn T.; Smith-Lovin, Lynn // Motivation & Emotion;Jun1999, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p73
Affect control theory provides a formal model of emotions, behavior, and identity shifts during social interaction. According to the theory, emotions provide information about both the identity of an emoting actor and how well current social events are confirming that identity. Actors can avoid...
- Set Your Plans With Joy. Amy Alexander // Investors Business Daily;7/22/2014, pA03
Whether you're deciding what to do with your life or developing a strategy for your company's next five years, written goals are always a good start. But you can do more. Add inspiration and discipline to get the best results. Remember these elements:
- Fear as a friend: Turn anxiety into motivation toward success. // Sales Insider;7/23/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 43, p2
The article offers tips on using fear as a motivation for a positive outcome. It advises to try changing focus whenever it is perceived that fear is getting in the way. The article notes that it is important to think of fear as a scale with positive fear on one side and negative fear on the...
- What's Your Passion? Anderson, Nancy // Personal Excellence Essentials;Sep2006, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p12
The article enumerates ways on how find personal passion. The clues include doing the work even for free, sharp focus on mastery, becoming a better person while doing the work and unawareness of the passing of time. Likewise, there are signs when one is already skewing from his passion. It...
- Finding Flow. Jackson, Bruce H. // Personal Excellence Essentials;Sep2004, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p3
Provides tips on gaining opportunities for full engagement and joy in the pursuit of a goal. Description of the flow experience of people; Result of the experience of flow; Importance of having clear goals and objectives.
- The Highest Goal. Ray, Michael // Personal Excellence Essentials;Nov2005, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p5
The article discusses the views of the author on living for the highest goal. If people are living for the highest goal, they are living a life of the spirit. People connect with their highest goal when they are awaken full of enthusiasm for the day and when they know they are making a...
- Countdown to Change. Strella, Eve // Personal Excellence Essentials;Nov2005, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p15
The article suggests several steps to achieving life goals. It is important to identify what a person wanted to launch. After identifying, select from the list of loves and see it happening. Maintaining enthusiasm is another way to achieve goals.