Manufacturing Subsovereignty: Philosophy, Politics and Primitive Accumulation
- A Shattered Showcase. // Transitions Online;3/22/2004, pN.PAG
Criticizes the international community for creating a multiethnic society in Kosovo, Serbia in 1999. Role of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in the civil war in Kosovo; Intervention of the U.S. in the civil war in Kosovo; Political structure of Kosovo; Religious and ethnic conflict...
- Conflicts Without Borders. Wolff, Stefan // National Interest;May/Jun2008, Issue 95, p63
The author offers his opinion on the possible causes of ethnic conflict. He states that ethnic conflict arises based on a desire to make profit, when unequal social status breeds dissatisfaction in a population, and when a population perceives that their survival as a group is at risk and uses...
- National Security. // Serbia & Montenegro Country Review;2006, p48
This article focuses on the national security of Serbia and Montenegro. The article discusses ethnic violence in the region after Yugoslavia's 1991 dissolution into five smaller republics.The clash over Kosovo and the Dayton Peace Accord is mentioned. External threats, crime, insurgencies and...
- LA TRAGEDIA DE KOSOVO. D., Zvonimir Martinic // Cuadernos Judaicos (0718-8749);2009, Vol. 26, Special section p1
The paper pretends to explain the reasons that led to military confrontation between Serbia and Kosovo in 1998, a conflict whose roots can be explained also by the historical process lived by the region, and also in the 1990s, by the development of the Balkan War that meant the collapse of...
- Trouble spot. Lane, Charles // New Republic;07/06/98, Vol. 219 Issue 1, p6
Explores the differences between the 1998 ethnic conflict in Kosovo, Serbia and the 1992 conflict in Bosnia and Hercegovina. Causes of the conflicts; Ideal analogy by which to understand the atrocities in Kosovo; Implications for the U.S.-led military intervention.
- UN Agencies Resolve Rapid Rations-Reaching Response. // UN Chronicle;1999, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the rationing of food and other supplies to the refugees in Kosovo, Serbia. Agencies involved in the distribution of emergency aids in June 1999; Appeal made by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- Breathing Room. Power, Samantha // New Republic;08/09/99, Vol. 221 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on the freedom of Kosovo, Serbia's ethnic Albanians after the civil war in the country. They are grateful to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization as well as to the Kosovo Liberation Army for their independence. But their independence might be short-lived. According to the...
- Shouldered aside in Kosovo, UN rethinks global role. Vo, Minh T. // Christian Science Monitor;6/18/99, Vol. 91 Issue 142, p7
Discusses the United Nations' role in aiding Kosovo and how this could signal the world body's function in the next century. How the UN has been pushed aside in quelling trouble spots; What the UNs reputation as a global enforcer grew out of; The UNs role in conflict resolution.
- Crossing the Bridge. Kostovicova, Denisa // Transitions Online;7/14/2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the situation in Kosovska Mitrovica in Kosovo, Serbia in the aftermath of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization bombing campaign of Yugoslavia in June 1999. Political conditions; Social conditions; Ethnic conflict between Kosovar Serbs and Kosovar Albanians.