Pavilions on the Periphery
- Israel destroys dairy again. Almeghari, Rami // Green Left Weekly;4/14/2010, Issue 833, p17
The article reports on the destruction of the Dalloul dairy in Gaza City by the Israeli warplanes.
- The Gaza example. Mellman, Marl S. // Hill;6/10/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 67, p24
The article focuses on the war between Gaza Strip and Israel and efforts of political leaders, including U.S. President Barack Obama, to initiate peace negotiations between the conflicting countries.
- Effective barrier. Spivack, Barry // New Internationalist;Mar2010, Issue 430, p2
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the Segregation Wall between Israel and the Occupied Territories in the NI 428 issue.
- We single Israel out because we in the west are shamefully complicit in its crimes. Hasan, Mehdi // New Statesman;7/18/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 5219, p21
The article focuses on Israel's self-defense military strategy in 2014. Topics include the Israeli attacks on Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip, if Israel is being criticized too harshly for its military stance, and the West's reaction to the Israeli-Arab conflict. Information is provided on...
- Implement Goldstone s Recommendations to the UN about the Gaza War. // Tikkun;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p10
The article presents information on Judge Richard Goldstone's report on the assault by Israel on Gaza in December 2008 and January 2009. The report criticized human rights violations by Hamas and Israel against Palestinian civilians. According to Goldstone, there can never be peace without...
- ISRAELI AND PALESTINIAN KIDS CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE. // Newsweek Global;8/1/2014, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses the impact of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on both Palestinian and Israeli children as of August 1, 2014, noting the impact of Israeli military strikes on the Gaza Strip. Topics addressed include the number of Palestinian children who have been killed during the Israeli...
- Revulsion. WIESELTIER, LEON // New Republic;8/4/2014, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p67
The article focuses on conflict occurring between Israel and Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip in 2014. Topics include the murder of Muhammad Abu Khdeir in a revenge killing, Israel's reaction to aggression by the Islamist group Hamas, and the organization Human Rights Watch's allegations...
- SAM HARRIS. HARRIS, SAM // Boston Review;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p29
The author expresses his opinion regarding writer Paul Bloom's discussion of empathy and the war in Gaza. He discusses the tragedies experienced by the organization Hamas's bombings, agrees with Bloom's idea that empathy and anger are connected, and comments on the moral and ethical aspects of...
- The Israeli-U.S. Gaza War and Its Aftermath: the Hobbesian Test. Bix, Herbert P. // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;6/1/2009, Issue 22, p1
The article focuses on the Gaza war. It mentions Israel's creation of a balancing-of-rights approach to the law of occupation, which strengthened its initiatives while undermining Palestinians' right to freedom and self-determination. It describes Israel's attack on the Gaza Strip, which killed...