- square deal. Weaver, Val // Vegetarian Times;Apr2005, Issue 330, p4
Presents an overview of articles on weight loss and diet. Importance of a balanced diet; Health benefits of vegetarianism.
- THE TOP SIX DIETS OF 2013. CANDER, CHRIS // Men's Fitness;Jan2013, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p76
The article offers information on the top six weight-loss diets of 2013 which include Veganism, Body Fat Solution, and Intermittent Fasting. Veganism is a type of dietary practice and lifestyle that rejects flesh foods, dairy and eggs to improve overall health. The Body Fat Solution was...
- 3 Things That Happen When You Stop Eating Meat. // Prevention;Oct2015, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p24
The article talks about three advantages of vegetarianism and its health benefits for vegetarians. It mentions that giving up non-vegetarian food can help in weight loss based on a study and also helps with increasing the intestinal flora. It includes that vegetarians are less likely to get type...
- Meatless Monday Not Better For Health, Environment. Rose, Karoline // Beef Expert Blog;2/12/2013, p2
The author explains why observing Meatless Mondays may not be beneficial to one's health and the environment. She mentions that there have been published claims that not eating meat one day weekly could contribute to weight loss and better health. She stresses that red meat contains necessary...
- Scoop! : Weight-Loss. // Women's Health;Dec2012, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p034
The article discusses various studies about weight-loss in women. A study published in the "Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics" revealed a link between vegetarianism and eating disorder. Another study which appeared in the "Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry" found that...
- The Latest in... Study: Lose Weight, No Calorie Counting on Plant-Based Diet. Sullivan, Kristie; Cavanaugh, Sarah // Good Medicine;Spring2015, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p5
The article focuses on the research on the potential of plant-based diets on reducing weights even in the absence of calorie counting and exercise, conducted by the Physicians Committee researchers, referencing the on the report published in "Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics".
- THE macrobiotic diet. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);9/6/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 36, p56
Recommends the macrobiotic diet plan as the key to weight loss and improved health. Foods included in the diet plan; Celebrities who have tried the diet plan; Potential health effects of the diet plan.
- NUTRITION HOTLINE. // Vegetarian Journal;2008, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p2
The article provides an answer to a question of how a vegetarian can lose weight without the aid of a personal trainer, chef or dietitian.
- At an Impasse with Weight Loss. // Running & FitNews;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p16
The article provides an answer to a question of how a vegetarian effectively lose weight without starving herself or himself.