Offset your car's gas emissions for $10 a ton
- Carbon credit market saturated. THOMPSON, EMILY // Prague Post;4/11/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 15, pA9
The article focuses on the arguments concerning the unused carbon credits at the end of 2011, which was claimed by environmental campaigners as caused by the glut in licenses to emit carbon dioxide (CO2) and considered by business leaders as highlighting the inequalities in the allotment.
- Ocean carbon study to quit Hawaii. Gewin, Virginia // Nature;6/27/2002, Vol. 417 Issue 6892, p888
Reports that an international consortium is withdrawing its application for a permit to conduct a carbon-sequestration experiment in Hawaii, due to opposition from environmentalists. Amount of carbon dioxide to be released under the experiment; Concerns of environmentalists on the experiment.
- Brussels readies for CO2 fight. Thisdell, Dan; Weernink, Wim Oude; de Saint-Seine, Sylviane // Automotive News Europe;11/15/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the plan of European environment ministers to legislate reduction carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions if car manufacturers fail to reduce average fleet emissions by 2008, as of November 2004. CO2 emission level in 2002; Concern raised by some scientists on increasing levels of CO2;...
- NOTES & ASIDES. Van Zandt, L. L. // National Review;10/5/1992, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p20
The section presents a letter addressed to a Mr. Buckley regarding facts about the environmentalists' concern over carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide constituted about 0.04% of the atmosphere in 1950. In 1992, it constitutes more like 0.06 percent of the atmosphere. Human activity cannot possibly be...
- Global Warming: Get Used to It. Zakaria, Faraad // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/20/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6557, p71
The article presents the author's comments on the invincibility of global warming. Despite plans to combat climate change, most scientists agree that the concentration of greenhouse gases will continue to rise for the next few decades. Scientists estimate that simply to keep greenhouse gases at...
- CARBON GROWS ON TREES. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jun2008, Issue 308, p30
The article focuses on the initiative taken which is aimed to eliminate the amount of carbon generated by people in Canada. It is stated that carbon offseting is a great way to compensate the impact of carbon on the environment. But, some environmentalists believe that offset programs which...
- Why CO[sub2] mandates won't work. Kovacs, William // Power;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 147 Issue 6, p4
Discusses the plan to impose carbon dioxide emissions limits in the U.S. Limitations of such mandate; Reasons of environmentalists for claiming that such mandate will not work; Impact on energy sources.
- The False Alert of Global Warmim. Bethell, Tom // American Spectator;May2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on issues related to global warming. Views of environmentalists on the cause of the warming; Environmental benefits of man-made carbon dioxide; Information on the Kyoto Protocol treaty.
- Bill McKibben - a modern day Paul Revere. Morgan, Maureen // Westchester County Business Journal;7/4/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 27, p12
The article discusses a personal campaign by writer and activist Bill McKibben to warn the masses on the alarming changes taking place on earth. McKibben founded the organization 350.org, which refers to the level of carbon dioxide parts per million (ppm). It relates that McKibben has been...