Stimulus Package Protects Private Whistle-Blowers
- When Accountants Blow the Whistle. Marshall, David J.; Filoromo III, Michael A. // CPA Journal;May2010, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p58
The article offers an overview of the U.S. federal and state protections for accountants who serve as whistleblowers. Aside from the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX), the Federal Credit Union Act, False Claims Act, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and other laws provide protections...
- When the Whistle Blows: The Increasing Risk of Retaliation Claims. Mason, Joni // NACD Directorship;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p62
The article discusses the growing exposure of employers to the risk of retaliation claims in light of claimants' focus on the whistleblower provisions in various U.S. legislation. It discusses the protection being offered for whistleblowers in legislation including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX),...
- Stimulus Funds Save 250,000 Jobs Nationwide, Says White House. // NSTA Express;11/2/2009, p1
The article reports that the U.S. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 has saved 250,000 jobs across the country including educators in school districts and universities.
- Tracking the stimulus. Prow, Chuck // Hill;9/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 98, p25
In this article the author discusses the stimulus funding worth 787 billion dollars that will be dispersed in the U.S. by the end of 2010 .
- opinion: JUAN WILLIAMS. Williams, Juan // Hill;2/27/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p19
The author discusses the ramifications of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2012 in the U.S.
- Positive March jobs figures to bolster Dems, Obwna. SWANSON, IAN // Hill;3/31/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p4
The article reports on the author's views regarding the expectation that the U.S. economy will be adding hundreds of thousands of jobs in March 2010 which is an indication that the 787 billion dollars in stimulus package of the administration of President Barack Obama is working.
- By the numbers. // New Hampshire Business Review;9/10/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p4
The article reports on the federal stimulus dollars received by New Hampshire being the part of the U.S. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act signed by U.S. president Barack Obama in February 2009.
- Proposed Training Center Draws Fire Maryland's Eastern Shore Targeted for Stimulus-Funded Facility. Nash, Betty Joyce // Region Focus;Summer2010, p3
The article reports that the proposed funding of 70 million dollars form the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 for the construction of the Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Maryland's Eastern Shore has drawn mixed reactions.
- Rescind Obama's remaining 'stimulus'. Hanna, Colin; Norquist, Grover; Cortes, Alex // Hill;2/15/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p30
The article presents a discussion on whether the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, known as stimulus package, helped in job creation and controlling unemployment rate.