- USA: Global Warming. // Junior Scholastic (Teacher's Edition);4/8/2002, Vol. 104 Issue 16, pT-2
Presents a lesson plan on global warming. Objectives of the lesson; Discussion on greenhouse effect; Focus on Kyoto Conference of 1997.
- GLOBAL WARMING. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);3/25/2002, Vol. 64 Issue 22, p2
Presents a lesson plan on global warming. Teaching objectives; Background on global warming.
- GENERATING ARGUMENTS ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE. Golden, Barry; Grooms, Jonathon; Sampson, Victor; Oliveri, Robin // Science Scope;Mar2012, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p26
The article presents a lesson plan for teaching the science of climate change by helping middle school students make sense of scientific phenomena through fact-based debate.
- SCHOLASTIC News TEACHER'S EDITION Vol. 78 No. 10, December 7, 2009. Sharif, Dara // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6 (Teacher's Edition);12/7/2009, Vol. 78 Issue 10, pT1
The article presents activity programs designed to teach school children the concepts of global warming and the transfer of energy.
- upront TEACHER'S EDITION VOL. 141, NO. 6, November 17, 2008. REBHUN, ELLIOTT // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);11/17/2008, Vol. 141 Issue 6, pTE1
The article presents a scholastic guide for teachers on making lesson plans on various topics, including the 2008 election in the U.S., the environment and assimilation. It provides ideas to teachers about what to tackle in students' writing activity and debate activity. It also outlines...
- SCHOLASTIC News TEACHER'S EDITION, Vol. 66 No. 12 January 11, 2010. Greenberg, Glenn // Scholastic News -- Edition 3 (Teacher's Edition);1/11/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 12, pT1
The article presents lesson plans for elementary education in the U.S. which teach various topics including the effect of global warming on walruses that live in the Arctic, Bernice King, daughter of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. and the leader of an organization, and the Little...
- SCHOLASTIC ACTION TEACHER'S EDITION Vol. 33, No. 7, DECEMBER 7, 2009. Caroleo, Christy Damio // Scholastic Action (Teacher's Edition);12/7/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 7, pT1
The article presents lesson plans for middle school education in the U.S. which teach about word roots, the plight of several Arctic animals due to global warming and how to support an opinion with facts in a persuasive paragraph.
- Global pollution. Dasset, Benoit; Zetterlund, Mattias; Broomfield, Aaron // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);01/12/98, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p10
Presents reader responses to a December 8, 1997 story in same magazine on global warming.
- Cascades Meltdown. // Backpacker;Sep2007, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p34
The article discusses the effects of global warming on North America's wilderness.