News From Nowhere?: Academic Writing and Globalization
- Editor's Introduction. Brada, Joseph C. // Eastern European Economics;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p3
Presents an introduction to academic papers on European Union (EU) member countries in Eastern Europe published in the January-February 2005 issue of the scholarly periodical "Eastern European Economics". Structure of trade between the transition economies and old members that will emerge in the...
- On writing qualitative research. Alvermann, Donna E. // Reading Research Quarterly;Jan-Mar96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p114
Discusses various aspects of writing qualitative research. Importance and role of theory in writing qualitative research; Methodology of writing qualitative research; Crisis of representation and legitimation in writing qualitative research.
- Proper use of literature reviews. Ritchie, Martin H. // Counselor Education & Supervision;Sep95, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p2
Editorial. Focuses on the importance of literature reviews in academic writing and the need for innovative approaches. Requirements for literature reviews to be effective; Way with which references should be cited in the introduction; Need for reference citations in defining key concepts;...
- Announcement. // WAC Journal;2009, Vol. 20, p113
The article focuses on the commitment of the journal "Journal of Teaching Writing (JTW)" to provide information on teaching of writing at all academic levels derived from educators in the U.S.
- EWA education reporting awards. // Editor & Publisher;3/25/95, Vol. 128 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the winners of the Education Writers Association's 1995 National Awards for Education Reporting. Ron Suskind of the `Wall Street Journal' and Betsy Stieff of the `Columbia Flier' for feature writing; News feature/issue package category winners; Winners in other categories.
- Call for Papers. // Advocate;12/3/75, Issue 178, p10
Reports on the Bay Area Academic Union's call for papers on college teaching, research and scholarship for its April 1976 conference.
- Scourge of the postmodernists. Malik, Kenan // New Statesman;06/19/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4390, p21
Discusses how the acceptance of the validity of relativity within postmodern academia has led to nonsense in academic writings. Details of a hoax perpetrated by physicist Alan Sokai; What the hoax reveals about post-modern academia; Mention of the writings of various academics which are...
- Some writing ideas for science and math. // Teaching Pre K-8;Jan96, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p109
Presents a chart of possible classroom activities that combine writing with science and mathematics. Kinds of writing.
- Treaty on the Formation of an Economic Union. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jan1995, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p20
Presents the treaty on the formation of an economic union. Purposes and principles of economic union; Development of direct economic relations between economic transactors; Legal regulations of economic relations.