'Rebound of U.S. economy will spearhead world's recovery'
- BBVA conference speakers offer predictions for economy. Teissonniere, Georgianne Ocasio // Caribbean Business;12/16/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 52, p10
Reports on the conference regarding economic trends and future perspectives sponsored by the Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Agentaria in Hato Rey, Puerto Rico. Predictions of economists Juan Lara and Jorge Sicilia for the economy in 2005; Gradual expansion of the economy for the year; Influence of oil...
- Record Crude-Oil Prices Impact Puerto Rico's Economy. McPhaul, John // Caribbean Business;5/12/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p16
The article reports on the impacts of record-high crude-oil prices and forecasts of further increases in the near future on Puerto Rico's economy. In the past two years, the price per barrel of crude oil has more than doubled, increasing from $28 in 2003 to $57 in the first quarter of 2005. A...
- Fourteen days. // American Conservative;10/20/2008, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p4
The article reports international developments in various industries in October 2008. The approval of Henry Paulson's bailout package for failing institutions has gained so much criticisms among concerned citizens in the U.S. Various European countries offer extensive guarantees to their...
- Ricardo Domenech leads BBVA's mortgage aggressive expansion. Ruaño, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;8/29/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p38
Focuses on the growth of Puerto Rico-based Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria's mortgage division in 2002. Comparison of the amount of loans launched in 2001; Plans of senior vice president Ricardo Domenech for the division.
- BBVA's new marketing strategy is more than an image makeover. CARMONA, JOSÉ L. // Caribbean Business;2/10/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the launch of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA's (BBVA) new marketing and branding campaign "Cuenta Conmigo" (Count on Me) in print media and on television, billboards and the Internet in Puerto Rico.
- New Spanish Bank Loan Includes Balloon. // American Banker;1/8/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 5, p10
States that Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA, a mortgage bank in Spain, plans to lend $3.8 billion to homebuyers through a new product that includes a balloon payment. Comment of Julio Lopez, head of the domestic consumer banking business at Banco Bilbao.
- BBVA Mortgage goes islandwide. Oliver-Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;3/14/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the expansion plans at mortgage banking service company BBVA. Mortgage banking market; Multi-million dollar publicity campaign.
- BBVA to Buy Tech Startup Simple for $117 Million. Todd, Sarah // American Banker;2/21/2014, Vol. 179 Issue F308, p3
The article reports that Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria plans to pay $117 million to purchase the online banking company Simple which is based in Oregon and will remain an independent brand, according to the companies' February 20, 2014 press release.
- BBVA Puerto Rico's new president to concentrate on growing bank segments. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;7/26/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p60
Reports on plans by Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) Puerto Rico President Antonio Uguina to concentrate on growing bank segments and ensuring good financial results for stockholders. Bank's entry to the secondary-mortgage loan market; Net earnings in the first semester of 2001;...