Country should capitalize on coal-based energy
- Gov't energy policy, particularly for coal sector, a total blackout for now. Johnstone, Chris // Prague Business Journal;4/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p16
Examines the status of government energy policies for the coal industry in Czech Republic. Controversies surrounding the pending privatization of coal companies in the country; Coal firms where the government owns shares.
- BUSH'S NEP: chimp or champ? Kee, Ed // Power Economics;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the national energy policy of the Bush administration in the United States. Objective of the policy to increase supply, modernize energy infrastructure, and promote conservation; Response of the coal sector to high prices and production cost; Shortage of the electric transmission...
- Got coal? Wood, James F. // Power;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 145 Issue 2, p44
Reports that energy policy makers and power producers can rely on solid fuels in the face of price shocks and electricity shortages as of April 2001. Underreported facts during the period of soaring natural gas prices in the United States; Approximate capital charge for a fully...
- Coal-Based Power Plants. Siddiqui, Hussain Ahmad // Economic Review (05318955);Feb2003, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p17
Reports on issues associated with the policy for power generation projects' proposal to develop coal-based power plants in Pakistan. Need for coal mining and infrastructure; Appropriate technology for power generation; Environmental considerations; Technological and economic studies of the project.
- Energy Policy and Structural Reform. von Hirschhausen, Christian; Vincentz, Volkhart // Eastern European Economics;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p51
Examines policy reforms in the energy sector of Ukraine. Full-scale liberalization of the power sector and modernization of the coal sector in the first stage of transition; Significance of the unbundling of the gas sector; Adjustments made to both import and domestic gas prices; Steps for...
- EDITORIAL. Boehmer-Christiansen, Sonja // Energy & Environment;2010, Vol. 21 Issue 3, preceding p203
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Ilkka Ruostetsaari on the energy policy in Finland, one by David Henderson on the outcome of the climate change debate and another on the use of coal fired power plants.
- ENERGY OVERVIEW. // EEBR Report - Poland;2004, p11
Provides an overview of the energy sector in Poland. Most notable and significant feature of Poland's energy sector; Coal production from 1982 to 1988; Energy consumption from 1981 to 2003; Critical feature of Polish energy policy.
- Webb pages. // Power Economics;6/15/2005, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p9
The article reports that Rand 93 billion electricity expansion is to underpin big coal investment in South Africa. Coal is, and is set to remain, the dominant source of fuel for South Africa's power-generation industry, which is on the cusp of a Rand 93 billion capacity-expansion phase. Despite...
- COAL ESSENTIAL TO US ENERGY POLICY. // Coal International;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 249 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on the importance of coal to the energy policy of the United States. Need for a balanced energy policy; Conditions in the country's electric supply; Expected increase in the demand for coal and electricity.