Sen. Levin considers defense exec pay cuts
- Let's not allow the government to use its bully power. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/3/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 42, p15
The author criticizes the U.S. government for denouncing chief executive officers (CEO) for not paying more taxes. He cites the case of Tim Cook, CEO of technology company Apple, who was denounced by Senator Carl Levin for contributing to a troublesome federal deficit. He argues that the federal...
- AN INQUIRY INTO CEO COMPENSATION PRACTICES IN THE UNITED STATES AND PROPOSALS FOR FEDERAL LAW REFORM. WINES, WILLIAM ARTHUR; FUHRMANN, THOMAS M. // New England Law Review;Winter2009, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p221
The article analyzes the compensation practices for chief executive officers (CEO) in the U.S. from the perspective of distributive justice as well as federal law reform proposals. The development of stock options reported as wages and salaries on tax returns only when they are practiced is...
- Crain's blogs: Items from the island. // Crain's Detroit Business;6/4/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 23, pM008
The article offers information related to Mackinac Island, Michigan conference. The Detroit Regional Prosperity Campaign, which will raise two million dollars for regional economic development was announced by chief executive officer (CEO) Sandy Baruah. It adds that Senator Carl Levin has...
- LETTERS. Levin, Carl; O'Bee, Jerry // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/19/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented including one from Carl Levin, U.S. Senator from Michigan, discussing new approaches to deal with the recession brought about by the financial crisis and another in response to an article which appeared in the January 12, 2009 issue feature Bisell...
- A Businessman Looks At Procurement Reform. Freedberg Jr., Sydney J. // National Journal;4/25/2009, p7
An interview with Norman Augustine, retired chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Lockheed Martin, is presented. Augustine relates the reasons behind the persistence of problems in U.S. military procurement. He relates how they prevented overruns and delays at Lockheed Martin. He...
- Should President Obama Approve General McChrystal's Request for More Troops in Afghanistan? // International Debates;Nov2009, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p35
An excerpt from the statement by Senator Carl Levin on whether U.S. President Barack Obama should approve General McChrystal's request for more troops to Afghanistan, delivered at the U.S. Senate on September 11, 2009 is presented.
- Dear Cousin. Fenyvesi, C. // U.S. News & World Report;11/19/90, Vol. 109 Issue 20, p25
Describes the recent ineffective fund-raising campaign of Senator Carl Levin (Dem.-Mich.) in which 9,000 `Dear Cousin' letters were sent to names from `Levins Across America,' garnering only $2,500, hardly enough to pay the postage.
- Exploring all options. Green, John // Treasury & Risk Management;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on Senator Carl Levin, Michigan Democrat, a member of the Senate Governmental Affairs Committee. Introduction of legislation that would bar companies from taking tax deductions; When was the bill introduced; Reasons for the bill.
- So Long "Safe Seat": Carl Levin Retiring from the Senate. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;03/07/2013, p9
The article announces that Michigan Democratic Senator Carl Levin has said that he will retire at the end of his term, and will not seek re-election in 2014.